// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Workday and Review at SE site...Sunday 21st Feb 2010

Workday and Review at SE site...Sunday 21st Feb 2010

Kent to Oxfordshire

Including London North,South, East & West Bedfordshire Oxfordshire Hertfordshire

Moderator: gregster

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Re: Workday and Review at SE site...Sunday 21st Feb 2010

Postby gregster on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:03 am

Today was a different day....i think you could safely say.... :shock:

Krusher sadly couldnt make it as was on call at work today and called into a job in north london :(

Retro pedro forgot to wind up his alarm clock, so Mickey Mouse didnt wake him up on time :lol: Pete then thought he would make it just in time, but read the thread again and then realised it was 9am start not 10!! Better late than never though....

Wiblerforce in Holly made it up from Southampton ok, and Jim started his brekky consisting of last nights pizza remains :sick:

Badboy turned up in the rollerscate....(street ka which Paul had decorated with Playboy bunnie stickers....sharon, tell him to take em off)...can feel a Shaz 4 Paul sunstrip coming soon :oh yer: who would believe they hail from ESSEX!!!

And finally myself and my partner in grime Sally!! today in the li'll white leafer with its less than useless bronco dirt devils on it....

First Job....
Pete and I had scouted out an alternative entrance into the bottom of the woods last wednesday, one which would be far more caravan friendly, so we set about felling some trees, clearing fallen trees and trimming back foliage to create the new entrance....
This entrance is not going to be used all the time when playing, just for getting stuff in and out, so it doesnt get too churned up...

Next job....
The last picnic really mullered the farm tracks that go up to the top of the site, and the plan had to be to get our motors off of these....the landowner was none too impressed with how churned up the tracks were, and his tractors had kinda finished em off, but he seemed happy with my suggestion of putting our own track parallel to it...
We tried to find one of the climbs up the hill which would provide bottom to top access for everyone, but where it was raining today, they were all pretty tough and not really viable to use a main access route...
Had a bit of a disaster when Jim tried to climb one of the hills to check whether it was a viable option or not...but it was a bit tight on the entrance, which meant that insufficient momentum could be carried in for the wet conditions...Holly decided to burst a braided brake line partway up the hill as we were trying to extract her after being stuck...end result NO BRAKES! Finally managed to extract the car and determine the problem (well spotted Sally!)...
One small consolation is that the brake line failed in the woods at 0.5mph, and although it made extraction interesting, was a far safer prospect than it failing at motorway speeds...

So we decided to use just the first section of the farm track, which was a lot firmer and not suffering like the rest of it, and then dive off this into the woods at the first opportunity...
We expanded an existing entrance into the woods and felled a few trees to connect the new route in with the top section of one of the existing climbs which was tight but tame...opened it out so no longer tight and bingo new route bottom to top of site...

We then started about running a new track the length of the top of the site....disaster struck again for Jim...I was felling a tree that was supporting a section of another tree that had broken off...I shouted for everyone to get clear before I cut it, and everyone moved well back, not quite sure what happened then, only that a section of branch off the other tree broke off, then snapped and fell a totally illogical way, bounced off another branch and smacked our Jim on the bonse... :shock: End result Jim broke a tooth and gave him a monster headache... :shock:
Jim was in real pain, and totally understandably decided to call it a day and take his fronty up to the road and call the RAC to get recovered...

Shortly after Badboy had to retreat to essex as "er in doors" had broke KITT and he had to go home and get it going for her...
(cheers for the stuff for the FOGBOG paul!)

We carried on and put the tracks in at the top of the site, Matt had turned up with his misses and dogs and managed to get his disco stuck in the big bomb hole.....TWICE in exactly the same place :lol:
Made a new track in the bomb hole, and reinstated the tracks down to the last climbs up the hill, so they can be found now! Got the li'll white leafer a bit stuck, but with a bit of pushing and shoving got it out...
Finally as it was starting to get dark, Pete, Sally and I cut some new tracks over some mounds of earth by the pond...had a go in Petes 2.8 again, I do love that little car...tis pukka...cheers pete...

Retired from the woods aching at about 5.30pm....and much to our surprise found Jim still waiting in the yard at the top for recovery!!!! We had spoke to him and hour or so after he left the woods and he was expecting to get recovered with an hour...however 5 hours later he was still there!
Turns out the RAC finally turned up at 4.30 (Jim called em at 12!!!) and then said it needs recovering...we all retreated to the workshop for a brew, keeping an eye out for the tow truck...it finally arrived at 6.30pm!!!
Spoke to Jim at 9pm and he was getting near Southampton...poor sod, still needs to get to hospital to get his tooth sorted!!! :shock:

Well thanks to everyone for their help today (except the RAC!!)...got a load done and nearly ready for next weekend...

Hope you are feeling better soon Jim... :wink:
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.
Region: South East

Re: Workday and Review at SE site...Sunday 21st Feb 2010

Postby 2much on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:06 pm

sounds like you all had a "different" kinda day!

i was soaked from 09:00 until 15:00, our home pitch was trashed from saturday training so had to call in favours for both the boys games, early one at 10:00 meant putting up the goals, losing 6-1 (my boy scored so some consolation), then taking the goals down. for the game at 13:30 had to buy!!!! some new nets and install these on the goals, lose 4-2, then pack everything away. got home for a scotch and a bath at 15:00 and i'm still cold and aching now!

sorry didnt come down but to be honest i couldnt face it :roll:

still at least my teeth are still ok.

well done on your efforts and on behalf of all those who have benefitted from your efforts, past present and future - thank you very much 8)

jimbo, what are you doing to holly :shock:

greg, i'll drop down the fogbog lights on Friday night if ya want - what time are you arriving? i wont be coming down "proper" until saturday.
2much
frontera God
frontera God

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Modifications: 2much!
Region: South East

Previous

Return to South East