// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - SE work day review

SE work day review

Kent to Oxfordshire

Including London North,South, East & West Bedfordshire Oxfordshire Hertfordshire

Moderator: gregster

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Re: Work day...16th August 2009 at SE offroad site

Postby Gibbo on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:06 pm

well just got home after the hour n half drive and am extreamly tired.

But it has been well worth it and would do it again any time the site is a really good place and we have got some really good tracks in to start of with some easy for a nice standard fronty some a bit more challenging for others more capable. The good thing is with the weather all ways changing so will the runs so should be a good place for more people to come to.

Badboy i still have your axe in the back of my truck so will bring it with me next time for you.

Pics will be along soon i hope saddly none from me as my phone camera is cr@p

Cheers again greg and was good to meet you alll and hope to see you again soon

Cheers phil
Cheers Phil
Gone over to the dark side with my green oval.
Gibbo
Fronty Engineer
Fronty Engineer

Modifications: 2" lift winch roll cage bucket seats pollybushed bigger tyres
Region: South East

SE work day review

Postby Krusher on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:13 pm

What a day it was today, We managed to get a fair amount done on our new off road site, creating a few routes
and obstacles through the woods. We are going to have ourselves a fantastic site to go and play. I unfortunatly didnt get any pics as my camera is out of action but Greg got some cracking shots so he'll post them up when he logs on.

The new playground has some interesting and tricky parts to it as well as more tamer stuff that a standard fronty can manage so there is something for all. Hopefully we can get a few more SE members down on the 16th and maybe create some more routes. A good day was had and now I am totally nackered but pleased with the results seen so far.
Ramsgate, Kent
Never Imitated Often Battered
Krusher
I used to have a little pinky

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: STRIDENT
Modifications: +2" suspension lift and torsion bar wind up
Maletester Kaimen MT's
CB, LED daytime runners
FOG chrome bullbar
stainless mangled side steps
Air box with room for a goldfish

Re: SE work day review

Postby Road Hog on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:30 pm

This thread was started by Krusher,but the first review was written by Gibbo in the original thread,trying to avoid further confusion I locked the other topic & merged the posts into here :wink:
Road Hog
Forum Wino
Forum Wino

Region: International

Postby gregster on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:37 pm

A most excellent day...got a good start in transforming the woods into our picnic site... 8)

Was great to meet the other guys who came to help...I hope you are all as knackered as I am now!! :lol:

and cheers to matt for helping with his stupidly large chainsaw!! :shock:

Today we achieved clearing the bomb hole at the top of site, established and access route to the bottom of the hill, put in the first few climbs up the hill and access tracks to them...

Enough chatter....I know you want pickies!! :lol:

Excuse the quality they were taken on my phone :oops: ....and not too many pics either as tooooo busy workin!! :shock:

The work posse group shots...
From left to right,
Krusher in KITT...
Gibbo and his coopilot in the green oval :shock: ...
Gregster and Matt in the Chevybravafing...
Badboy in fronty with no name...but looking good with its new lift...need to wind the torsion bars back down a bit though!

The axle twisting stump garden...

Gibbo demonstrating his 90's flex..

Badboy a bit cross axled, and suffering due to a busted autolocking hub...we feel guilty...he picked a blinding line first of avoiding the worst holes and made it straight through...we then gave him stick and told him to do it again over the bigger humps to flex it out for the camera...that was when the hub broke!!
Was extracted finally, after valiant efforts in self extraction, by the greenoval...but photography of this extraction was forbidden due to FOG rules!! :lol:

The bomb hole...

( Please note Krusher is being the teapot...not me...I am not that slender and dont do teapot!!)

Another hole at the top of the site...

Chevybravafing got stuck on its rear bumper on treestump...but it does have a 7 metre rear overhang (or so it feels!)
Rear bumper suffered some carnage...stump had to be cut out from under car, or bumper would have really bought it!

Gibbos 90 saw this as another opportunity to flex out...

Finally an obsticle defeated Krushers KITT...towbar wedged so canna go backwards...crossaxled out so canna go forwards... :lol:
I must admit his car amazed us all today with the fact that it went everywhere...on road tyres that aint too good...
One hill that noone had driven yet, that was pretty damn steep at the top, and loads of tree roots to climb over...Krusher just went for it and cruised straight up it!! We were all stunned!
Extracted from his predicament by gibbos winch,snatched off a strop round a tree in front of KITT
(this extraction could be photographed as per FOG rules as extraction was by WARN not landrover!! :butt: )

Blinding day...the site is lookin good and the company today most excellent...cant wait till the 13th sept, its gonna be great

Many thanks for all your help guys...

And see you soon at the SE meet on the 30th, and the first proper "picnic" in the woods on the 13th september...

Laters and thanks again

Gregster
Last edited by gregster on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby Road Hog on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:52 pm

So this site s really a way to fill your carnage thread :shock: :wink: :lol:

Well looks like a bit of fun was had by all :D well done chaps
Road Hog
Forum Wino
Forum Wino

Postby gregster on Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:41 am

A friend wrote:So this site s really a way to fill your carnage thread :shock: :wink: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Some of the stuff we were tackling, in trying to make routes, was always going to be far more challenging if previously undriven...
In some ways we were kinda glad that badboys hubs failed when they did, and not half way up one of the tougher climbs...
Gibbo bust a wingmirror, but again that was picking routes through the trees...but we were opening it more where he was tight, so much more driveable now..
And my bumper was gonna happen...it was a really short hole I was driving so the back was gonna dig in, I saw the stump and thought I would miss it....driver error I am affraid...that bumpers coming off anyway, to make way for a tube one with rear 1/4 protectors...so not too worried about that...Stump is now gone so no worries for anyone else!
And Krusher didnt bust anything, although his fronty was doing its mobile irrigation thing due to its waterleak!!

A friend wrote:Well looks like a bit of fun was had by all :D well done chaps

Was a fun day indeed...lots of wheelin and chainsaws...cant ask for more than that!

We all met up at notcutts to being with and then went up to the site...

Matt and I started clearing the fallen trees out of the bomb hole at the top to start, and badboy took the others down to bottom of the site to start making an access through there...
We then met up again later (and matt and I disturbed their picnic I think!)...and finished the first run up the hill, badboys motor pioneered this one, and then devoloped the rest of the runs together, gibbos 90 pioneering the 2nd and 3rd, and Krushers fronty conquering the forth and toughest, to everyones surprise (including Krusher I think!)
In between this we clearing the axle twisting stumb garden at the bottom of the hill, so that is driveable...

Got to use my favorite tool a few times....the maul!! :dance:

Badboy was running up and down the hills picking routes and marking trees where they needed to go and clearing stuff...don't know where he got the energy from!! He was almost as quick with a bow saw as we were with the chainsaws :shock:
Krusher appeared to have some wierd superhuman powers as he managed to fell trees by hand...made me laugh, he would say this one needs to go and lean on the tree and it felled itself!! Admittedly the tree was a bit rotton by it was the number of times it happened that was funny...might have been his nobbly knees killing the trees mind!!
Phil was a real grafter doing loads of logging with his chainsaw and dragging trees out of the way with his winch...took a bit of abuse from everyone (well me) about having a landrover, but in honesty his 90 is a really good bit of kit...and didnt miss a beat all day... 8)
Phils co-pilot kept us laughing all day, really funny fella....
At one point, certain members of the team, when instructed to go and get the trailer from up the top to collect the logs from the bottom of the site, loaded most of the log pile from the top (where the logs were staying!) into the trailer...havent quite worked out why yet...but it was funny...unloading was a bit quicker anyway as matts trailer is a hydraulic tipping thing!!
Matt was doing his rambo thing most of the day with his stupidly large chainsaw...I tried using it a couple of times and it weighs a ton and is kinda scary...its a bit like a moped with the forks removed and a cutter bar fitted!! BEAST...but he loves it, and spent all day cutting away...

Was a great day and made some good progress with the site, this place is gonna be really gooood...

Thanks everyone for your support in this venture, was a really good day, cant wait to do it again!!(when I stop acheing anyway!) :lol:
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby Road Hog on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:46 pm

Looking & thinking,I will ask if the monthly photo rule # 2 can be re-re-worded,to say members 4WD car then Gibbo can put in one of those twisty shots :wink:
Road Hog
Forum Wino
Forum Wino

Postby gregster on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:05 pm

That would be cool as his 90 is a nice bit of kit,
but I reckon car of the day has to go to Krusher for accomplishing almost everything with the least Mods...

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby Drift on Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:32 pm

Top day guys and well done Greg for sorting it, looks like you had a ball :mrgreen:
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)
Region: North West

Postby Krusher on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:27 pm

gregster wrote:
I reckon car of the day has to go to Krusher for accomplishing almost everything with the least Mods...

Cheers Greg

You know as well as I do, If you dont try it you'll never know! :lol:

(None of you saw that I pressed KITTS turbo boost button)
Ramsgate, Kent
Never Imitated Often Battered
Krusher

Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: STRIDENT
Modifications: +2" suspension lift and torsion bar wind up
Maletester Kaimen MT's
CB, LED daytime runners
FOG chrome bullbar
stainless mangled side steps
Air box with room for a goldfish

Postby gregster on Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:00 am

Krusher wrote:
gregster wrote:
I reckon car of the day has to go to Krusher for accomplishing almost everything with the least Mods...

Cheers Greg

You know as well as I do, If you dont try it you'll never know! :lol:

(None of you saw that I pressed KITTS turbo boost button)

AhAh...so this was how it happened... and there is me thinking that you must be good at driving ya fronty !! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Did anyone else get any pickies?? :shock:

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby BadBoy on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:41 pm

Hi peoples - I'm back
Sorry for the late post, but you know why 8)
Thank you all for your help. Despite the broken autolockers, had a great day. Looks like you all had fun after I left driving the routes we had made. Did anyone dare try that really steep one Krusher did first in the opposite direction?

I can't add anything that anyone else hasn't said about this site other than it's gonna be great once we start using it so please add your name to the 'picnic' list viewtopic.php?f=63&t=27317.
We need your attendance to make this happen. It is the only offroad site on the south east that is operational, and it is for Foggers only.
Those attending the meet on 30th can get a sneak preview of the site as we will be stopping there when we're laning.

Got a nice photo of Krusher doing the stumps (with a bit of help from Greg) - will post later tonight

Paul
Traffic lights in London are just rough guidelines
BadBoy
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Modifications: Looks a bit like a Kia Sorento 2.5CRDi Titian remapped for 265bhp!

Postby gregster on Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:49 pm

cheers for the quality post as always badboy... 8)

To give a bit of an update, I went up the woods again this afternoon/evening and got productive now my chainsaw is working again (cheers woodwizzard!)

Opened up 2 new sections near the entrance to the woods...tidied up a bit....and then when matt arrived to give me a hand, we felled and logged a couple of biguns which make access to the difficult climbs down the far end of the site easier and less likely to cause damage..

Then we got crazy and put in a demon climb which is gonna be real tough...
we didnt try it as it was getting late when we finished it and we figured there was a pretty good chance of one or both of us getting stuck..it is that tough...(really steep inclines, huge roots to climb over, and an inclined tree stump axle twister at the top just when you think you have made it!! :shock: ).
For those who came up on sunday the entrance to this climb is next to the entrance to the furthest run, and then joins up with the run with the roots on the hill, on the top....
tis demon this one... :lol: :lol:

Did a bit of digging on the axle twister stump garden :shock: ...matts disco got crossaxled and took a few shunts to get it out...the chevybravafing just breezed though as always 8)

Couple of pickies from this evening...

Matts disco getting all crossaxled

Chevybravafing flexed up for a pose...

The Site is really getting there...but still loads more to do... :shock:

I can feel a "PICNIC" coming on....get your names down...

its gonna fun...and if it rains, its gonna be really fun!!

Its gonna be wicked foggers, be there or you'll miss out!! 8)

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby BadBoy on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:31 am

Nice one Greg - can't wait to see thae advancement of the site.
Pics as promised earlier
Gibbo's 90 flexed out on the stump garden

Greg lending a hand to Krusher
Traffic lights in London are just rough guidelines
BadBoy
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Modifications: Looks a bit like a Kia Sorento 2.5CRDi Titian remapped for 265bhp!

Return to South East