// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Active South Coast members

Active South Coast members

Somerset to Hampshire

Weymouth Portsmouth Southampton Basingstoke Poole
Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Active South Coast members

Postby Munty on Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi guys, this is my first topic here and is basically a rallying call to any other members down on the south coast to figure out quite simply where you all are! I've already checked the map thread but I'm not sure how up to date it is or, more importantly, how many members shown on it are still around! Also, I've already found Wilberforce who is a reasonable distance from myself so I'm hoping he'll be along soon with info on the other locals he knows of!

I'm not sure whether I fit in the South or South East group here as logistically speaking I seem to be right in between! No doubt I'll soon figure it out and hopefully this topic will help with that. I bought my Fronty as a second car to basically mess around in, so now all I need is somewhere to do it and someone to join me! Of course the more the merrier so here I am! And, don't worry, while I'm not currently up to speed on the FOG and GLASS rules and such, I'm not stupid and have no intention on ruining the fun for others so will of course make sure I am before I do anything muddy!

Anyway, would really like to meet some likeminded locals (be they Fronty owners or otherwise!) for pub meets, GLing, or other larger events. Whatever is available I'm here to be a part of and if there's not enough then I guess we'll need to make more! Thanks for the site guys and hope to meet a few of you soon! Tim

NB. This isn't south coast specific but also applies to some in the south east area as I'm currently in Littlehampton (not far from Slindon) and essentially right between both! So if you're close on either side please let me know!
Munty
mud splasher
mud splasher

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Vehicle Name: 1996
Modifications: body+chassis lifted 6 inches (IIRC)
Region: South East

Re: Active South Coast members

Postby MG Autos (Mark) on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:24 pm

I'm in Angmering which is just round the corner from you.

I don't do much laning or play days any more as I have young kids and other commitments so rarely get any spare time but do try and get down to the South East meets / picnics which are near the Kent Showground when and if I get the chance.

May be worth shooting Gregster a PM re the meets down there.

As for Pay & Play Days, you've got Boxgrove & Slindon only a few miles up the road but we don't have many active green lanes in West Sussex anymore I'm afraid. I used to have a drive up to Box Hill, Dorking & Cobham where there are quite a few lanes and you can happily spend the best part of a day there exploring :thumbup:
MG Autos (Mark)
Member & Trader

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1994/M
Modifications: Largely Standard at the minute.
&
Standard 2010 Renault Megane 1.5 Turbo Deisel for the daily commute. Downside, no 4x4, up side around 700 miles to a tank of Diesel.......
&
Tuned Volvo C70 for Sunny Days and Roof Down Fun
&
Modified BMW R1200RT for Touring, commuting and general two wheeled fun.

Previous frontera's include numerous A series SWB 2.0, one A Series 2.2 LWB, one A Series 2.3 DT, one B Series 2.2 Petrol LWB, one B Series 2.2 DT LWB, loads and loads of 3.2 V6's.

Postby Munty on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Cheers Mark, I saw you very close to me on the map actually! I look after my two boys so know the feeling but if I don't start finding time to get out and man up sometimes they're going to drive me crazy! Have been looking at the weekends in Kent and would love to get down to one but can't make this one because of said ankle biters :p If you ever find time for a bit of adventure be sure to let me know though hey ;)
Munty
mud splasher
mud splasher

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Vehicle Name: 1996
Modifications: body+chassis lifted 6 inches (IIRC)

Postby peej39 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:17 pm

I'm south, not far from Jim actually, though sadly financial ills and a serious motivational issue, has precluded any worthwhile activity! :thumbdown:
peej39
Senior Frontera Engineer
Senior Frontera Engineer

Registration Year: 1995/M
Region: Southern England

Postby Wilberforce on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:54 pm

Munty wrote:I'm not sure whether I fit in the South or South East group here....

I shouldn't worry, go with either of them. I tend to do the bulk of my FOG stuff with the SE lot over in Maidstone, as Southampton area and the rest of the central South coast is somewhat lacking in Frontera owners.
As mentioned, Peej is literally just up the road, and there are one or two other members dotted around, but the most active one is Hound dog up in Camberley area.

There's far more laning to be had away from the coast, too. Basingstoke/Alton area moving across towards Guildford & Dorking has plenty to do and there's a few dotted about elsewhere.
Sadly for me though, my offroading has taken a dive of late due to funding issues.

You're always welcome at the SE meets though, too.
Last edited by Wilberforce on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim...

South East Picnic site information

| Jessica - 2002 Isuzu Trooper Insignia LWB | 3.1 ltr hybrid conversion |
Wilberforce
The stick insect
The stick insect

Registration Year: 2002/51
Vehicle Name: Jessica
Region: North West

Postby Drift on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:17 pm

Could the South Coast members just not get together to organise meets?

Also guys anyone can start a meet not just the reps :wink:
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)
Region: North West

Return to Southern England