// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Hello again from Northern Ireland

Hello again from Northern Ireland

A Place to introduce yourself and say hello! - Please do not post questions here. If you are unsure of where to post a question, please post it in the General section and one of the FOG staff will move it to the correct place

Hello again from Northern Ireland

Postby CJ on Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi folks

I'm not a new member, but it's been a long time since I was a Fronty owner so I thought I'd reintroduce myself.

I'm Colin, I live in Northern Ireland and I've just got my 3rd fronty.

I started with a Series A Sport, then built a pretty tough Series A LWB called Brutus and then moved on to a monster Trooper (called Tonka).

Now I have picked up (after asking the owner for a decade to give it to me) a 2000 2.2 petrol Limited estate. The owner called it 'Bling', but that's not going to work for me, so kids are working on a new name.

The new car has a lot of issues:

Chassis rot around rear trailing arm - needs major welding
Body rot - front wings, sills, door frame bottoms, few panel spots - needs some fabrication and lots of repair
Engine - needs seriously serviced, exhaust manifold gasket replaced, squealing pulley identified and replaced, probably do timing belt too
Interior needs a lot of cleaning - was a horse-hauler for 13 years so it's had a lot of smelly stuff in it
Speedo faulty as is fuel guage - looking into that repair job now...
Audio upgrade
A few wee trim and electrical fixes

Want to lift it on springs and tweaking the front bars, fit probably 31" A/T tyres on the 16" rims, maybe get an engine protection plate made in alloy from the plastic one as a template

And then drive the sucker.

Expect me popping up here and there with queries or begging posts when I'm stuck with my arm in some crevice on the car...

It's good to be back.

Previous rides:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=14834&hilit=Brutus

http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers

CJ
2000 2.2 16v Limited Estate
Previously: 1993 Frontera 2.4i LWB - Brutus, 1993 Trooper - Tonka, 1995 Sport - Greenie
CJ
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.2i 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Modifications: Lots planned but first I have to fix a little rust ......
Region: Northern Ireland

Return to New Members