// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Hello :)

Hello :)

A Place to introduce yourself and say hello! - Please do not post questions here. If you are unsure of where to post a question, please post it in the General section and one of the FOG staff will move it to the correct place

Hello :)

Postby Dave Dorson on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:12 am

Hi!

I'm Dave, Stamfordian chap, and I've just bought a K reg 2.0 petrol Leafer SWB with a view to having a bit of a laugh with it. (it's the one red5 on was selling)

I'm likely to ask all manner of questions about improving the looks, off road performance and general maintenance, as I've been a VW guy for as long as I can remember and never really mucked about with Jap 4x4's, or really done a lot with old Vauxhalls... but I know my way around the engines well enough from tooling around with old Nova's/Cavs and Astras in my youth.

Previously, I've had a short stint with a 19J powered defender SWB (loved it, but the engine blew up :( ) and a few XJ series cherokee's as general smokers.

I never realised these were seperate chassis until recently.. that's bad isn't it? :D

Anyway, I've been in touch with a local group via Facebook, so I'll likely be getting it muddy and stuck in places, and I'll probably end up doing a build thread on here some time :)
Dave Dorson
2WD
2WD

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1992/K
Vehicle Name: Truck
Modifications: None.. yet
Region: Midlands

Re: Hello :)

Postby stretch on Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:56 pm

Hello and welcome to fog, lots of good advice available on here, keep us updated.
stretch
Rain cloud of doom
Rain cloud of doom

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: F.I.T.T
Modifications: 12v feed in boot
Truckputer under construction
Front & rear recovery points
De side stepped
Region: East Anglia

Return to New Members