// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Hello from the North East

Hello from the North East

A Place to introduce yourself and say hello! - Please do not post questions here. If you are unsure of where to post a question, please post it in the General section and one of the FOG staff will move it to the correct place

Hello from the North East

Postby mrburnett800 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:55 pm

Hello!

My name is Andrew and I have recently bought a 2.2 dti B series to use for work and a bit of play. I love it too bits. I have had the head off it to de coke it as it was really bad. Done a 2" suspension lift and put mud terrains on. I have always had fast (ish) cars. I also own a Vectra VXR which is my baby. But I havent had as much fun in the vectra compared to the frontera on the green lanes and pay and play site in rothwell, leeds.

I am after a bit of info. I have 245/70/16 Nortenha MTK2 tyres. I would like to go to 265/75/16 Insa Turbo Special Tracks. With my 2" lift will they go on? I have read about cutting the wheel arch liner on the front? Can anyone post a picture for me please?

Thank you
mrburnett800

Region: North East

Re: Hello from the North East

Postby stretch on Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:06 pm

Hello Andrew and welcome to fog, I used to be in the modified car scene and had some 'hot hatches' but I must say I much more enjoy off roading/laning. I run 245/70/16 AT's on my B series and they have been fine for laning etc, i've also had an A series with special tracks on and they are heavy and noisy on the road, I doubt they will fit without some wheel are timing there was a thread about bigger tyres on a B a little while ago i'll see if I can find it.
stretch
Rain cloud of doom
Rain cloud of doom

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: F.I.T.T
Modifications: 12v feed in boot
Truckputer under construction
Front & rear recovery points
De side stepped
Region: East Anglia

Re: Hello from the North East

Postby mrburnett800 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:09 pm

thank you. I am just looking for a little bit more diff lift.
mrburnett800

Region: North East

Return to New Members