// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Hello everybody picking up my 2.2 lwb frontera tomorrow!

Hello everybody picking up my 2.2 lwb frontera tomorrow!

A Place to introduce yourself and say hello! - Please do not post questions here. If you are unsure of where to post a question, please post it in the General section and one of the FOG staff will move it to the correct place

Hello everybody picking up my 2.2 lwb frontera tomorrow!

Postby Muddyjim83 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:33 am

I did own a 2.0 petrol swb for about an hour till it ended up in a ditch. Hopefully this will last longer, anything to look out for on the 2.2 diesels?
Muddyjim83
2WD
2WD

Registration Year: 2000/X
Modifications: 3" suspension lift and a snorkel
Region: Midlands

Re: Hello everybody picking up my 2.2 lwb frontera tomorrow!

Postby fogman on Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:09 am

check the 4x4 engages ok, theres a button on the dash which should show a solid green light once its engaged....if it keeps blinking then its not engaged and obviously theres a problem which could be an easy fix by changing the vac pipes but ofc could be something much more serious. get underneath and check the rear chassis crossmember ( its tucked up behind the rear bumper) they are prone to a bit of rust . anything else treat it & check as you would a normal car.
fuel pumps are known to possibly fail which can be caused by running out of fuel so keep it well topped up, they are quite expensive to replace ( especially more so the later registered models )

good luck :thumbup:
WHY AINT I GOT AN ALL SINGING & ALL DANCING SIGNATURE LIKE BOXY & DRIFTY ?

fogman
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Region: East Anglia

Re: Hello everybody picking up my 2.2 lwb frontera tomorrow!

Postby Muddyjim83 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:24 am

Thanks I'll pay attention to those points looking forward to getting dirty again !
Muddyjim83
2WD
2WD

Registration Year: 2000/X
Modifications: 3" suspension lift and a snorkel
Region: Midlands

Return to New Members