// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Hello from Lincolnshire!

Hello from Lincolnshire!

A Place to introduce yourself and say hello! - Please do not post questions here. If you are unsure of where to post a question, please post it in the General section and one of the FOG staff will move it to the correct place

Hello from Lincolnshire!

Postby Royoung1 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:07 am

Hello from Lincolnshire!!!!!

I just acquired a very nice Frontera Sport S 2.0L in BLUE :D part ex for a mazda 323f + £150, nothing wrong with it apart from it needs tiny little bit of TLC on body work, and engine needs a new air pipe and a radiator top hose as it has no coolant switch for fan so its constantly on, interior needs some replacement plastic trim on the back around roll bars, other than these bits its in very good condition, no rust on the sill what so ever and one 1 bubble on rear arches :P i will post pictures in the morning :)

also, it dont seam to have central locking although i can here a click sometimes on passenger side door will have to investigate this, it has no alarm or immob. also has no remote fob so going to look at kits :)
Royoung1
2WD
2WD

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/P
Modifications: swapped manual windows to electric windows, added remote locking, windows, engine start via bluetooth from custom made app. 80/20 MT tyres
Region: Midlands

Re: Hello from Lincolnshire!

Postby Royoung1 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:41 pm

I've spent this evening cutting back the paint work and has much improved! :) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1090409930974746&set=pcb.1090411540974585&type=1&theater
Royoung1
2WD
2WD

Modifications: swapped manual windows to electric windows, added remote locking, windows, engine start via bluetooth from custom made app. 80/20 MT tyres

Postby stretch on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:50 pm

Hello mate and welcome to FOG. Is it your first frontera?
stretch
Rain cloud of doom
Rain cloud of doom

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: F.I.T.T
Modifications: 12v feed in boot
Truckputer under construction
Front & rear recovery points
De side stepped
Region: East Anglia

Postby Retro Pedro on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:59 pm

Hello and welcome m8.

What part of Linolnshire are you from?
I do frequent visits up to your part of the world visiting my daughter/son-in-law and grandson who live near Sleaford.
Seems to me that all the byways up there are restricted, must be something to do with all them rich farmers having an influence on the local parish councils - might be wrong but doubt it.
Retro Pedro
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Grandads Tractor
Modifications: A few suspension modifications to assist with ground clearance and fitting of bigger tyres.
Region: South East

Postby Royoung1 on Fri May 08, 2015 2:56 am

Yes it is my first fronty but not my first encounter with one as a friend who is also on here owns one. I live in Spalding area and do frequent trips to Heckington outside Sleaford, as for the byways, there is one or two ive heard off but yeah most of them are footpath/bridle and not dirt tracks

but tonight my radiator popped so had to order a new one for £59 posted brand new, so ill be off the road untill monday/tuesday when it arrives :/.

OH! and i thought it was a Sport S but its not its a 1996 Sport with the facelift dash windy windows non adjustable steering wheel, no center console, and no manual/electric wing mirrors you have to push the mirror its self to adjust, so very basic
Royoung1
2WD
2WD

Return to New Members