// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Impulse bought a vauxhall

Impulse bought a vauxhall

A Place to introduce yourself and say hello! - Please do not post questions here. If you are unsure of where to post a question, please post it in the General section and one of the FOG staff will move it to the correct place

Impulse bought a vauxhall

Postby Furryroo on Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:02 pm

Hello everyone! a lad at work was going to scrap this little 4x4 because of electrical problems (amongst a few other very minor issues) so i asked if i could buy it and he jumped at the chance, after getting it home we figured the alternator was to blame, replaced it with a spare lying about in our garage and hey presto! runs like a dream

The underside is remarkably solid for a 90's vauxhall, i dont think it has ever been used off road! exhaust still looks like new, no rust on the arches (rare for a 90's vauxhall) all the brake lines have been thoroughly greased and came with a whole pile of old MOT's backing up the odometer reading of just 70k miles and just one advisory that the N/S front wheel has slight judder?

So what did i pay for this little thing? £150! i was going to get it home, clean it (it was disgusting inside) fix the alternator and a few other niggles then sell it on for profit, but i had so much fun bringing it home that i now want to keep it lol

Looking forward to meeting alot of you with most likely far superior fronteras lol

Cheers all

Roo
Furryroo
Fronty Engineer
Fronty Engineer

Model: 2.2i 16v RS Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1999/T
Vehicle Name: Tonka
Modifications: Standard
Region: North East

Re: Impulse bought a vauxhall

Postby RatCav on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:02 pm

Wotcha ... nice little bargain. Has had the sills done as well. One less thing to worry about.
ImageImage

My members ride For Banshee the Trooper : viewtopic.php?f=46&t=34626

My members ride for Leeloo the Lotus Edition viewtopic.php?f=46&t=60154

Deceased

My members ride for Brenda the Bighorn : viewtopic.php?f=46&t=54771
RatCav
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Vehicle Name: Banshee
Modifications: Its a Frontera that is heavily disguised as a Mk.1 LWB Isuzu Bighorn 2.8TD Lotus Edition.
Hi-roof modification.
EGR valves and birds nest of vacuum pipes removed.
Front Manual Locking Hubs.
Rear Limited Slip Differential.
Yota Surf steels, with custom paintjob. (cheers Gregster)
33x12.5" R15 General Grabber AT 2's.
+2" suspension lift.
+3" body lift.
Cat 1 Thatcham approved alarm.
Irmscher wheel arch flares.
Full body restoration/respray. (cheers Gregster again!)
Region: North West

Postby Furryroo on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:47 pm

Thanks guys! just been out again today sorting the battery tie bar, i do beleive it is using coolant, though will keep an eye on that, the biggest problem though is the lack of a heater blower, the previous owner beleives that there was a power surge as it blew both front headlights and the heater blower, he also said rather worryingly that the fuse is intact and that it was still working on blower setting 4, however when i checked it, no speeds are working, where abouts will i find the heater blower motor? i assume it is behind the glovebox? though that might be too obvious lol

And that is a shame robfog, why are you having to get rid?
Furryroo
Fronty Engineer
Fronty Engineer

Postby Furryroo on Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:14 pm

Given it a wash

Also some lovely interior pics for you all

Sprayed some WD40 on the boot handle, so now i dont have to pull it down everytime i want to shut the boot, moved the CB aerial cable so it doesnt let water in and topped the water, windscreen wash and oil up, then took it for a run and drove through some fords (not really off roading but the best i can think of lol)

Cheers all

Roo
Furryroo
Fronty Engineer
Fronty Engineer

Return to New Members