// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - fresh member

fresh member

A Place to introduce yourself and say hello! - Please do not post questions here. If you are unsure of where to post a question, please post it in the General section and one of the FOG staff will move it to the correct place

fresh member

Postby Marzon on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:52 pm

Hi !
I'm Martijn, from the Netherlands,
I drive a 2001 frontera B 2.2 dti automatic, it's silver color, has got the soft pushbar and running boards.
I remade the steel tubes underneath the runningboards since they were litterally falling off !
apart from that the car was, and is, in decent shape,
I bought it including a gearbox electrical error, which I've been able to sort out and fix (pressure regulator solonoid in the gearbox had a partial ground due to metal debre)
(code p1625 gearbox internal power faillure, yes, the one they tell you you'll need a new gearbox, and cherge you a double frontera for it.. turns out it can be fixed for less then a hundred pounds)
however, few months later I lost reverse gear.. forward is still working perfectly well. so this will be the next challenge.

back to me,

I'm dutch, and a boat mechanic for a living,
I own a old german ship as well (www.mrz-engineering.com/loreley.htm), sorry, website is in dutch only.
attended naval college, but afterwards found the ocean not to be my future, so started to make hobby into work,
motorbike mechanic, engine overhaul worker, mobile refridgeration mechanic (mainly lorries),tugboat driver,
amsterdam canalboat mechanic, and a couple of other things.
I'm married since 2010, and have a daughter, age 3.
we live in Heerhugowaard, in the north western part of the Netherlands.
My mother remarried to Tony, who is english, they live in the south of portugal now, after several years in the southwest of the UK (Devon area).
I've certainly enjoyed myself in the beautifull country most of you are living in. :-)

You can all throw in the (technical) english you're used to, I'll understand it. even without google translate ghehgheh
Nulla Tenaci Invia est Via ! (if you really want it, the road goes wherever you want it to)
Marzon
2WD
2WD

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/V
Modifications: just cb transceiver and slight audio upgrade, remade the pipes of the running boards as they were gone 75%.
Region: International

Re: fresh member

Postby stretch on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi Martijn and welcome to FOG, liking the boat you have and looks like you've done a lot of work on it :thumbup:
stretch
Rain cloud of doom
Rain cloud of doom

Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: F.I.T.T
Modifications: 12v feed in boot
Truckputer under construction
Front & rear recovery points
De side stepped
Region: East Anglia

Re: fresh member

Postby 4x4 bobby on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:40 pm

Hello mate. A great big welcome to our forum. Your country is also beautiful as i used to drive from Germany to Holland to get my ferries home. I love the flat roads and such long straight bits to open the car up!. :thumbup:
Comments on Betsy here please!!! viewtopic.php?f=115&t=56282

Bobster!!!!

Frontera's do it better in MUD!!!
West Midlands Area Rep

Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
4x4 bobby
Satanic Mechanic
Satanic Mechanic

Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: Betsy
Modifications: Light bar. CB attena on rear door. Wider wheels from an "A" series.
Region: Midlands

Return to New Members