// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Cornwall Frontera

Cornwall Frontera

A Place to introduce yourself and say hello! - Please do not post questions here. If you are unsure of where to post a question, please post it in the General section and one of the FOG staff will move it to the correct place

Cornwall Frontera

Postby Folgossa on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:40 am

Hello there

I thought that I had better start by introducing myself here and giving a short history of how I arrived at the point of having the responsibility of two Fronteras. Living in West Cornwall, we have plenty of countryside to amble around, but very little snow and even through all the years I that lived on a farm I never felt the need for a 4x4 - anyway, in those days I had a tractor if the worst had ever come to the worst...

But in 2009 my father decided he needed a different car and started looking around. He's always had a thing for Vauxhalls and so I had spent my childhood riding around in a succession of Vivas and Victors - with occasional forays to used car lots to inspect a VX 4/90 or even a big shiny Cresta. My own car ownership has been many and varied - something over 75 different cars ranging from a classic Mini 1000 to a V12 Jaguar and two dozen vans that I've converted myself to campervans, there's even been a couple of full-size coaches, but my only Vauxhall experience had been a Victor FD, two Cavaliers, a Carlton and an Opel Manta. However, I'd seen a black 3-door Frontera Sport on a garage forecourt (one of the first coil-spring A series, that still have the original style dashboard) and rather fancied it - so I suggested it to my dad instead...

Move on to January of this year and he decided that he wanted a different car again, but this time it had to be another Frontera... So we took the long drive from here to Bristol to buy a 2001 LWB V6 manual for him. I was surprised what a nice smooth car it is after having some experience of his previous one and equally as economical. Sadly, I discovered that the Sport was going to be scrapped and the idea of that rankled with me. A change in my circumstances was forcing me to sell off my own converted Iveco van and so I hatched the idea of having the little Frontera for myself. Dad agreed and I became the 'proud' owner.

Obviously it needed some work - the head gasket had gone again, the brakes sliders were sticky, the sills were holed at their back ends and the exhaust had rotted and broken - but just a couple of weeks work in the summer I thought... Well, I started working on it when the weather warmed up and I'm still not through the MOT again yet - as the engine rebuild revealed the bottom radiator mounts had rotted away and that started me painting the chassis and then I found the fuel tank guard had rusted to the extent that it was only the cement-like road dirt was keeping it in the cradle and I had to fabricate a new one. Anyway, with luck, I'll soon be finished and have her back on the road again.

So hopefully you'll all be understanding when I need to ask a few silly questions... :wink:
Folgossa

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: Tera
Modifications: I also have a 2001 V6 LWB...
Region: South West

Birthday

Re: Cornwall Frontera

Postby geeks on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:02 am

Welcome to FOG. Get some pics up asap and have a look in the for sale section, you are bound to find all manner of bits you didn't know you needed until now ;)
Rule #3: Don't believe what you're told. Double check

geeks
frontera God
frontera God

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2002/02
Vehicle Name: The Hulk MK2
Modifications: To Come:
Stuff...

Also:
The Beast (2.8 SWB A Series)

Previous:
The Hulk (2.2 DTi LWB B Series)
Shadow (B Series LWB 3.2 Manual)
The Silver Surfer (B Series LWB 2.2 Manual)
Violet (2.0 SWB A Series) (STOLEN :-( )
Region: South East

Postby westo123 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:59 am

Hi and welcome. I will become another Cornwall Frontera soon, as we are moving near Callington in the next few weeks! :D
It was once said that the Devil would never dare to cross the River Tamar into Cornwall for fear of ending up as a filling in a Cornish Pasty.
westo123
GURU
GURU

Postby Mr Mud on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:51 pm

westo123 wrote:Hi and welcome. I will become another Cornwall Frontera soon, as we are moving near Callington in the next few weeks! :D

So it's goodbye westo123, what's wrong Widley not good enough :?: :lolno: good luck mate Cornwall is a great place to live :thumbup:
1998/S Frontera 2.0i Sport Transglobe

Mr Mud
frontera God
frontera God

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1998/S
Vehicle Name: Hippo#2
Modifications: K&N Air Filter.
Wind Deflectors.
Xenon HID Lights.
LWB Rear Light Conversion.
Rear Bumper Light Guards Fitted.
Falken-RV Landair AT Traction Tyres
New Coil Springs And 2" Suspension Lift By MG Autos
Region: South East

Postby 4x4 bobby on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:04 pm

Welcome to the forum fella!!!!! :thumbup:
Comments on Betsy here please!!! viewtopic.php?f=115&t=56282

Bobster!!!!

Frontera's do it better in MUD!!!
West Midlands Area Rep

Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
4x4 bobby
Satanic Mechanic
Satanic Mechanic

Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: Betsy
Modifications: Light bar. CB attena on rear door. Wider wheels from an "A" series.
Region: Midlands

Postby mikeda on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:04 am

Hi I live in Kelly bray bought mine about 9 months ago never saw many around here but now I've got mine I seem to see them every were
mikeda
2WD
2WD

Model: 2.2i San Diego 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/V
Modifications: None at the moment

Postby westo123 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:54 pm

There are a lot down here. Lots of unusual colours as well. I pass through Kelly Bray all the time on route to Plymouth.
It was once said that the Devil would never dare to cross the River Tamar into Cornwall for fear of ending up as a filling in a Cornish Pasty.
westo123
GURU
GURU

Postby rseaville on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:03 am

Hi and :welcome:
rseaville
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: Tera
Modifications: Wheel arch mod, 235 85 16 AT tyres, 1" suspension lift, 1" body lift.
Region: North West

Return to New Members