// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Air Ambulance motorcyclist charity event, 15th June 2008

Air Ambulance motorcyclist charity event, 15th June 2008

North West Area Events
North Wales to Yorkshire
Stoke to Carlisle
Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Air Ambulance motorcyclist charity event, 15th June 2008

Postby scudriderdude on Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:47 pm

Thanks to Steve for letting me post this.

My website, for bikers in the North of England, Northukbikers, is organising a charity event for the air ambulance services of of Yorkshire, Lancashire and the North East - it's called, "LONG WAY HOME" and basically we are riding motorcycles / scooters / mopeds, from our regions to Hawes in North Yorkshire / Tanhill / and some may join me in riding to John O'Groats.

The ethos is, that it should be on a motorcycle that is unsuitable for long distances, and if 10 years or younger should be less than 125cc, if older, riders can have above a 125cc bike.

I personally have purchased a Honda SGX50 moped, for the challenge, top speed is around 33mph, so you can imagine how long an almost 1000 mile ride is going to take me, we have other members who are riding 1980's 125's that should really be dead and buried, but are currently being resurrected for the charity event

If you can help in either sponsorship (Per mile or total event) or if you fancy a ride on the event, it would be great to hear from you.

I have registered a domain for this event, there is nothing there as i have only done it tonight, but it will be built, by the weekend, its at http://www.long-way-home.co.uk

I hope that some of you fellow frontera owners will help the air ambulance services, they do a great, and much needed job.

Thanks again

James
http://www.northukbikers.co.uk
James

1998 2.0 Sport Niagara Fronty
scudriderdude
Fronty Engineer
Fronty Engineer

Return to North West