// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Annual Meet - Great Event !

Annual Meet - Great Event !

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Annual Meet - Great Event !

Postby andi4x4 on Thu May 03, 2007 10:03 am

Well,

What a great weekend ! I thoroughly enjoyed myself , despite only getting 30mins of offroading done !

I would also like to add my thanks to all those who turned up to the Annual Meet to make this years event the biggest ever ! Thanks to Gary for the being First Aider ( even though I am a Paramedic ! ) Thanks to Mark for his help with the organisation - if the truth be known Mark has probably done the majority of it ! Thanks to Ken for the gazeebo, to Dave for the trophies, Kev P for his organising and running the trial, Greasemomkey for giving up one of his days to help out another member in trouble - very admirable Steve ! Thanks to Tweety for doing the BBQ And of course, Thanks to paul for the genny and floodlights

Oh, yeah , Thanks to just about everyone who made it worth my while bringing all my tools and welder with me ! ! !

To those who knew about my clutch failure - well, a new clutch and slave cylinder and £450 later, oh , and an unscheduled two night stay in Shrewsbury, and I still have no clutch ! We think it is either the the dual mass flywheel ( on a 2.3td ? I didnt think they had them, but , this one does ! ) or it must be the release arm - although that seems ok !?

We managed to nurse the truck home to the Isle of Man, 40 mph max ( and running way too hot ), but, we finally made it ! Truck goes into gear when moving, but, you cannot select any gear when stationary if the engine is running ! Have to turn engine off to get reverse period and first can also only be selected when the egine is off - other than that, it feels just like the clutch has gone only there is no slipping ! ?

Here's to Next Year !
Drive it like it's a DAKAR Racer !

Andi
(andi4x4)
http://www.andi4x4.me.uk
andi4x4
2WD
2WD

Postby gotafrontera on Thu May 03, 2007 10:40 am

hey andi, sorry to hear about the clutch.

was great to finally meet you and get the see the truck in all its glory 8)
thanks for taking me out for a drive in it 2 it was interesting seeing the look on a few peoples faces in the petrol station lol.

hope you get it sorted soon m8.

Luke
2L SWB 2" lift 31/10.5/15 MT's 12000lbs Winch
gotafrontera
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Region: Midlands

Postby lotusfrontera on Thu May 03, 2007 6:16 pm

Yep I agree great event, great company, thanks must go to Bigfoot and Andi for organising it, and their other halves for putting up with them!! and also helping out, also thanks for Kev Prentice for setting up the trial and those that helped him.
I believe we had approx 30 Fronty`s there, so not bad eh?
Thanks go to everybody who made the effort to turn up and make it such a good weekend.
Difflock Dave.
lotusfrontera
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W

Postby fuzion on Thu May 03, 2007 7:29 pm

Totally agree, it was a fantastic weekend. Good to put some faces to names.

Sorry to hear about the clutch Andi, hope you get it sorted.
fuzion
Mole

Return to General Events