// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - MASS TRESPASS

MASS TRESPASS

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

MASS TRESPASS

Postby john boy on Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Right folks just found this on another forum the mass trespass walk 28th-29th april. just a thought if you are thinking of a laning trip try and avoid this weekend PLEASE :!: as don't want to give the walkers any reason to slag off four wheel drive owners. reading the the site it looks as it stats on the 24th at edale then there is week of events.

http://kindertrespass.com/
It might be slow but i can go anywhere!
john boy
Ned Flanders
Ned Flanders

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/M
Modifications: cb radio "no longer deaf"
12,000lb winch
khumo kl71's
waffle boards
bump stops modified
ball joints flipped
2"+ springs and weaves spacers 3"
bars adjusted to suit
Region: Midlands

Re: MASS TRESPASS

Postby snapper on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:27 pm

I am torn with the rights and wrongs on this...

With one hand I believe that they are right in what they are doing and the original idea was a good one and the 'Ramblers Association' by launching the Forbidden Britain campaign, with the aim of securing a statutory right of access to open countryside 1985 should also be plauded.

However.....

One can not really say that the Ramblers Association are fully supporting the idea of a statutory right of access to open countryside with their (and others mind) continual onslaught on the rights of the 4x4 community to also access certain (the ban would be all routes if they had their way) long established rights of way. One reason I really do not like horses and their riders on the road (note, as much as I think they shoud keep the walking BBQ's on the bridleways they seem to want to have the exclusive rights too, I always pullover and switch off for them to pass or if I'm overtaking only pass when the rider indicates they are happy and/or the road is obviously clear ahead and the horse is not hopping about!).

I have an inclination to hope that the err more vocal and therefore objectional ramblers might happen to get slightly lost and wander across the SPTA just as the Household div and the RTR are out having a mass chally excercise.... It would be excellent sport chasing the tree huggers across the tank training area with a chally :lol: But that's me and not the wishes of everyone.....
This posting may have been helpfull, on the other hand probably not... Either way, I may have had drink when posting it in which case it's probably not as helpfull as it could have been

Work safe, and remember all technical problems can be resolved with a hammer, the trick is knowing where to hit it and how big a hammer to use (I often find it may also help to have a spare bit in the shed to replace the bit you have just mullered ;) )

Work in Progress (or not as the case may be) I give you.... 'O-no' the truck.

Comments on 'O-no' the truck may be left here

Work in Progress (or not as the case may be) I give you.... 'Truck'

Comments on 'Truck' the truck may be left here

Owning a 2.8 is a hobby in it's self...
snapper
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Truck and O-no
Modifications: -
2.8 TD LWB - Truck:
Side Steps Removed
EGR, Birds Nest & Both Butterfly Valves Removed
Particulate Filter removed and pipe welded in
Safari Snorkel fitted
Trooper Flywheel & Clutch fitted
Trooper LSD Rear Axle fitted
Winch Bumper & Winch fitted
3.1 Engine Fitted
2" Suspension Lift

2.8 TD LWB - O-no:
Standard, for now.

2.5 Volvo 850 Saloon:
Standard

Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (185bhp)
Standard
Region: South East

Postby Drift on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:44 pm

I applaud the right to roam but the pot should not be calling the kettle black on erosion issues :wink:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... n.wildlife

The peat is soft up there and the footpaths quickly gouge a trough into the peat and this then turns into a stream causing further erosion, they recently spent £2.5million up there tackling part of this problem, a fraction of that would sort most of the remaining Green lanes in this country.
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)
Region: North West

Postby bl4kmist on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:53 pm

At the end of the day, a GREEN LANE is an old and therefor untreated highway for vehicles (Hence your Vehicle needs to be road legal), just like any country road walkers should be careful and safe as to walk into on coming traffic at the side of the road and allow any vehicles to pass them as so both parties are safe. These roads originally were designed for horses/trailers/carriages/vehicles, if it was designed for people for walking only it would of been built as a 'Bridle footpath' and therefor Illegal for use by anything other than Pedestrians, so i really don't understand their point, sharing and being considerate for all users is the way forward for the 4x4 world yet not for the walkers...
bl4kmist
Fronty Engineer
Fronty Engineer

Model: 2.5 TDS 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/R
Vehicle Name: BlackMist
Modifications: Kenwood Blue-Tooth Stereo..
Kingpin Amazon Tyres..255/65/16
Region: North East

Postby Dannyboy on Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:47 pm

I bet they will all be allowed to go up chapel gate! they closed part of it to 4x4s but we always see walkers, mountain bikers n motorbikes on the closed bit n theyve put huge rocks at each end to stop you using it! wont be long til the bobble hats are trying for more lanes up there to be closed! only to 4x4s tho it seems!! w4nk3rs! :silent:
IF ITS NOT BROKE, YOUR NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH!!
STRATA 2012- WE CAME, WE SAW, WE KICKED ITS ASS! (even if it got wrinkled in the bombhole!)
BAR STED LANE 2012- BEEN THERE DONE THAT! NEXT....
Dannyboy
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Registration Year: 1998/R
Modifications: 2"supension lift
Ball joints flipped
265/75/16 insa turbos
55mm wheel spacers
spare wheel carrier removed
black perspex bonnet guard
modified tank gaurd
welded rear bumper and recovery point
egr removed and running on chip fat!! :)

Postby john boy on Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:58 pm

I agree with the comments i posted this in case anyone was planning a day out. My reason is the peaks are such boiling point at the mo thought a heads up was needed.
It might be slow but i can go anywhere!
john boy
Ned Flanders
Ned Flanders

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/M
Modifications: cb radio "no longer deaf"
12,000lb winch
khumo kl71's
waffle boards
bump stops modified
ball joints flipped
2"+ springs and weaves spacers 3"
bars adjusted to suit

Postby Dannyboy on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:02 pm

:thumbup: your right mate. Our trip out is early feb, just waiting for date conformation off Rob.
IF ITS NOT BROKE, YOUR NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH!!
STRATA 2012- WE CAME, WE SAW, WE KICKED ITS ASS! (even if it got wrinkled in the bombhole!)
BAR STED LANE 2012- BEEN THERE DONE THAT! NEXT....
Dannyboy
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Registration Year: 1998/R
Modifications: 2"supension lift
Ball joints flipped
265/75/16 insa turbos
55mm wheel spacers
spare wheel carrier removed
black perspex bonnet guard
modified tank gaurd
welded rear bumper and recovery point
egr removed and running on chip fat!! :)

Return to General Events