// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - South of France

South of France

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

South of France

Postby Agilis on Fri May 29, 2009 10:28 am

Hi everybody!

Newsweek recently came up with a story about "Staying Home For the Holidays"... Well, for those of you who would still like to cross the channel but do not have a idea yet where to go: Languedoc-Rossilion (info here: http://languedoc.angloinfo.com/) so, Carmarque, vineyards and affordable restaurants because it does not have to be the crowed "Cote d' Azur"
For those who are using a rooftop tent the region is perfect! You can go small little "dirt roads" and ways between fields in the country-side and if you don't make a mess throwing rubbish, nobody will complain. Anyway 300 sunshine days out of this 365. I tock me from the Midlands, via Southampton > Le Havre, to Carmarque one day, not driving on Highways which are ridiculously expensive. Still there are some free of charge if you like to push with 4500 rpms.
There are also official off-road facilities in the region as well. List and other info plus photos I will post on request.
Cheers
Agilis
Agilis

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1993/K
Modifications: genuine state, no changes, all original
Region: International

Re: South of France

Postby Dupe on Fri May 29, 2009 2:45 pm

Your not wrong there,i spent a couple of years at Eurocamps site in Marseilla plage erecting tents & maintaining statics.
Dupe
Retired

Region: South East

Return to General Events