// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - fun weekend at kirton off road centre

fun weekend at kirton off road centre

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Re: fun weekend at kirton off road centre

Postby brachunky on Sat May 24, 2008 8:09 pm

I dont want to spoil friendships but personally, I dont think its up to anyone of us to "judge" and pass comment about others perceived poor activities like drinking. I appreciate that a lesson should be learnt from Turbo's passing but it is no one on this sites job to stand and judge another members actions. Its just not right.
Every single one of us has or will do sommat daft of stupid at some time, do you want to be slagged off in public when that happens ?
Im sorry if my remarks annoy anyone but this is my opinion.
Martin
brachunky
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Modifications: 1997 Jeep Cherokee 2.5 td VM
3 inch suspension lift
31 10.5 Muds
Safari Snorkel
Region: Midlands

Postby weave67 on Sat May 24, 2008 8:17 pm

well said martin :!:
The family that is F.O.G
Long Live,Trusty Rusty
weave67
Sir Weave of Lamp-a-Lot
Sir Weave of Lamp-a-Lot

Postby Red Oktober on Sat May 24, 2008 8:35 pm

brachunky wrote:A friend & Truggs, Im in no way more concerned about a vehicle than Nifty & Trog :cry: I had spoken to another member this morning who had told me that the lads were fine so it was a genuine question as whether they could get home under thier own steam, knowing they were ok.

I'm not entirly sure what your idea of fun is martin ...but i certainly don't call endangering other peoples lives fun :shock:
Red Oktober
Retired

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Region: South West

Postby brachunky on Sat May 24, 2008 8:51 pm

Red Oktober wrote:
brachunky wrote:A friend & Truggs, Im in no way more concerned about a vehicle than Nifty & Trog :cry: I had spoken to another member this morning who had told me that the lads were fine so it was a genuine question as whether they could get home under thier own steam, knowing they were ok.

I'm not entirly sure what your idea of fun is martin ...but i certainly don't call endangering other peoples lives fun :shock:

From what I interpret from the posts,no one's life was endangered and anyway, that was not my point :? I feel that we must not criticize they guys based on a bit of news we have heard. If it becomes clear that they were indeed behaving like idiots, It still not our place to comment on their character.
Regarding the quote you highlighted,I made it clear that I had already heard that the chaps were fine so my next question was about the damaged fronty .What was so wrong with that?
Martin
brachunky
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

3 inch suspension lift
31 10.5 Muds
Safari Snorkel

Postby Annamarie Oktober on Sat May 24, 2008 9:13 pm

what would you have said if one of them was dead,the same thing :?:
Annamarie Oktober
Retired

Region: South West

Postby brachunky on Sat May 24, 2008 9:22 pm

Mrs Oktober wrote:what would you have said if one of them was dead,the same thing :?:

Even more so, It would not give me the right to criticize.
Im not going to continue with this part of the thread as I have only voiced an opinion.If others want to slag others off, they can. As great as the tinternet is, trying to get across what you mean is incredibly difficult and is always open to interpretation.
The guys are fine and all I know want is to see more photo's :D
Martin
brachunky
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

3 inch suspension lift
31 10.5 Muds
Safari Snorkel

Postby FUDDY MUCKER on Sat May 24, 2008 10:55 pm

FUDDY MUCKER wrote:Having spoke to two members it turns out A large quantity of Alcohol had been consumed prior to the event happening. :cry:

So this puts a whole different light on the situation.

Sorry not been able to keep up with this tread, but just got in from work.

First of all, I think my first post, as listed above has been taken out of contexted.

A few people including myself where genuinely concerned for the well been of Nifty (Matt) and Trog (drew).

When I said it puts a whole different light on the situation, it ment exactly that.

For anyone who has driven or had the pleasure of been a passenger on an offroad pay and play site will know incidents like this can happened to anyone with experienced or not, at anytime.

Whether alcholol was involved or not does'nt give anyone on this forum the right to judge grown up individuals who partake at there own risk, on private land in a hobby they enjoy.

I don't condone driving whilst having comsumed alcohol at anytime whether offroad, on private land or the public high,

But the decison was taken by Matt, off his own back to drive his own vehicle around the course.

My orignal posting was meant to be light humoured and not to point the finger or judge individuals how where enjoying themselves for the weekend.

As I said in my post, after taking stock of the events that have happened, I got a sneaky felling that Nifty's pride has taken a bigger battering than his truck. But thats the risk anyone takes by going offroading.

Red Oktober wrote:I'm not entirly sure what your idea of fun is martin ...but i certainly don't call endangering other peoples lives fun :shock:

I think, yet again Carl, you are totally wrong in Judging either the Guys who where involved or Martin for his posting.

Matt and Trog are fully grown man, who even when a few beers have been consumed are quite capable of making there own minds up. Lets face it, you know trog quite well, I can't see Nifty FORCING him into his truck can you !

Unfortunatley, like Martin said, the internet, and forums in particular can be very hard to get a point across with out misinterepretation, misrepresentaion or the upsetting someone.

Enough said. No doubt more will come to light in the coming days.
FUDDY MUCKER
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby john (smifffy) on Sun May 25, 2008 6:47 am

ive got no sympathy for them if there DD

they want there ass's kicking :evil: :evil:
cheers

john (smifffy)
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.2i 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Modifications: 1996 2.2 16v diamond pack

2014 new astra 2.2 SRI cdti SS sports tourer
Region: East Anglia

Postby john boy on Sun May 25, 2008 7:57 am

I wasn't starting or trying to slag anyone off when i posted the reply about "TURBO" i was making a point. maybe it's people running the site who should have a more active role in checking to see if peolpe have had a drink before they enter the site.knowing it's a bank holiday and nice weather +camping as well. any way enough said on it lets just hope all get home ok and we have some good pics to trwal through when there back.
It might be slow but i can go anywhere!
john boy
Ned Flanders
Ned Flanders

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/M
Modifications: cb radio "no longer deaf"
12,000lb winch
khumo kl71's
waffle boards
bump stops modified
ball joints flipped
2"+ springs and weaves spacers 3"
bars adjusted to suit

Postby FUDDY MUCKER on Sun May 25, 2008 8:05 am

john m wrote:I wasn't starting or trying to slag anyone off when i posted the reply about "TURBO" i was making a point. maybe it's people running the site who should have a more active role in checking to see if peolpe have had a drink before they enter the site.knowing it's a bank holiday and nice weather +camping as well. any way enough said on it lets just hope all get home ok and we have some good pics to trwal through when there back.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
FUDDY MUCKER
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby manny on Sun May 25, 2008 10:08 pm

let me help with this he had a drink or two but had stopped around 1 and was know way ** * * and he roll about 6.30 to 7
and if it drink driveing then most of use were playing on the site by 9

and i would like to say over the weekend i have seen 6 or 7 cars on there roof as it is a big site and great fun pic will cum when i get chance to downlad them
manny
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 2001/51
Modifications: Wheel spacers

Postby brachunky on Sun May 25, 2008 10:15 pm

manny wrote:let me help with this he had a drink or two but had stopped around 1 and was know way **** and he roll about 6.30 to 7
and if it drink driveing then most of use were playing on the site by 9

and i would like to say over the weekend i have seen 6 or 7 cars on there roof as it is a big site and great fun pic will cum when i get chance to downlad them

Good man! Did you put yer winch to good use? :lol: :lol:
Martin
brachunky
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

3 inch suspension lift
31 10.5 Muds
Safari Snorkel

Postby Drift on Sun May 25, 2008 10:38 pm

Seems everyone has formed an opinion, or will do, so lets get back on topic as Im sure there are more than two people at that weekend.

:way off topic:
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)
Region: North West

Postby NiftyWolfie on Mon May 26, 2008 12:14 pm

I WASN'T drunk at the time we went out. I had managed to do the hill in question both up and down about 10 mins before I rolled her.

At end of the day like has been said it was my choice to go out..... Drew entered the fronty at his own risk I would never force anyone into my fronty. There was no kids anywhere near where I was doing my run and the otehr lads that were watching was far enough back that if a mishap did happen then they wouldn't be caught up in it.

Maybe some of you that have commented should really go to Kirton and try the hill I attempted then I think you would be better able to comment on my roll, as without yourselfs actually attempting it you have no idea what the hill climb is really about.

Other then that I also got her stuck in a water crossing and filled her up over the seats, but kept her running and had no problems. She also drove home under her own steam with no problems what so ever.

Now I just have to re-shell her again as fast as I can :)
2.8TD SWB in ASBO Green
1996 Sport S 31-10.5-16 Machos fitted
Hi-Lift Jack/Waffle Boards and Asbo Rack !

Its not the size of your engine....its how you use it that counts !
NiftyWolfie
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Modifications: HD Trooper Springs, Cibbie Spot Lights, Asbo Rack, CB, Split Charge System, Roof lights, Waffle Boards.

Postby weave67 on Mon May 26, 2008 1:04 pm

good on ya nifty,glad your all ok,if you need a lift re shelling your truck gimme a shout when the time comes and i will gladly give you a lift :wink:
The family that is F.O.G
Long Live,Trusty Rusty
weave67
Sir Weave of Lamp-a-Lot
Sir Weave of Lamp-a-Lot

Postby FUDDY MUCKER on Mon May 26, 2008 1:26 pm

NiftyWolfie wrote:I WASN'T drunk at the time we went out. I had managed to do the hill in question both up and down about 10 mins before I rolled her.

At end of the day like has been said it was my choice to go out..... Drew entered the fronty at his own risk I would never force anyone into my fronty. There was no kids anywhere near where I was doing my run and the otehr lads that were watching was far enough back that if a mishap did happen then they wouldn't be caught up in it.

Maybe some of you that have commented should really go to Kirton and try the hill I attempted then I think you would be better able to comment on my roll, as without yourselfs actually attempting it you have no idea what the hill climb is really about.

Other then that I also got her stuck in a water crossing and filled her up over the seats, but kept her running and had no problems. She also drove home under her own steam with no problems what so ever.

Now I just have to re-shell her again as fast as I can :)

Well Said Matt. :clap: :clap: :clap:

weave67 wrote:good on ya nifty,glad your all ok,if you need a lift re shelling your
truck gimme a shout when the time comes and i will gladly give you a lift :wink:

Like the man said, give us a shout when your ready and i'm sure a weekend can sort it out.

If you need any bits and bobs of "MUD MUNCHA" give us a shout and I'll get them down to you. I've currently got all the rear glass if that helps.
FUDDY MUCKER
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby 4x4 chrissy on Mon May 26, 2008 2:40 pm

Hi Niftie glad you made it home, what a windy weekend I don't think my hair will ever recover (ha ha) and the amount of dust I ate, and even hiding in the caravan was a bit scarry, O and the southern comfort kept me warm, but yet again a good weekend, a bit of damage, and you got a big hug out of it, (wat was I thinking) we all have mad moments of regret, none of us perfect, and them that live in glass houses should'nt throw stones
luv chrissy
one life, live it.
4x4 chrissy
Weeeeeeed
Weeeeeeed

Vehicle Name: Morgana
Modifications: New Tyres Kingpin 265/70/R16 A/T's. Bullbar, Buggard,

Postby john boy on Mon May 26, 2008 3:24 pm

Glad you are all back ok.now we've all had our little rant's over it "GET SOME PICS ON"and show us what it was like :!:
john boy
Ned Flanders
Ned Flanders

12,000lb winch
khumo kl71's
waffle boards
bump stops modified
ball joints flipped
2"+ springs and weaves spacers 3"
bars adjusted to suit

Postby 4x4 bobby on Mon May 26, 2008 4:01 pm

Well Here's a few pics just to get you going!!!!

And My trusty Fronty home again!!!!

Comments on Betsy here please!!! viewtopic.php?f=115&t=56282

Bobster!!!!

Frontera's do it better in MUD!!!
West Midlands Area Rep

Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
4x4 bobby
Satanic Mechanic
Satanic Mechanic

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: Betsy
Modifications: Light bar. CB attena on rear door. Wider wheels from an "A" series.

Postby john boy on Mon May 26, 2008 4:08 pm

Bloody hell thats looks more than a gentle roll that nifty's truck had :shock: it looks like it's done every panel on it and most of the glass as well :!:
john boy
Ned Flanders
Ned Flanders

12,000lb winch
khumo kl71's
waffle boards
bump stops modified
ball joints flipped