// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Peak District Laning Day 13th October

Peak District Laning Day 13th October

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Re: Peak District Laning Day 13th October

Postby Dannyboy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:14 pm

I wasnt meaning that to sound bad in anyway, i seriously didnt know that you wernt allowed in the area to the left of the lane, there have always been tracks up there from 4x4s and we even went up whilst they were putting the large rocks to the right side and parked up on the bank to ask about it, we were at no point told we couldnt/shouldnt be there? as i said, weve been going up there for years, we used to go up as kids to watch the motorbikes using the area. I regret that i made this rather large mistake but it was genuinely a mistake. Im holding my hands up as ive done wrong and whether you believe me or not there nothing i can do now other than say sorry and not do it again. And when i said "to the best of my ability" i was refering to lanes in future, i now know about this lane and know that i will not be acting like that again on it. I tried to keep within the rules and i failed on this 1 lane as it was just somewhere we had always driven without issue.
IF ITS NOT BROKE, YOUR NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH!!
STRATA 2012- WE CAME, WE SAW, WE KICKED ITS ASS! (even if it got wrinkled in the bombhole!)
BAR STED LANE 2012- BEEN THERE DONE THAT! NEXT....
Dannyboy
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.5 TDS 5dr
Registration Year: 1998/R
Modifications: 2"supension lift
Ball joints flipped
265/75/16 insa turbos
55mm wheel spacers
spare wheel carrier removed
black perspex bonnet guard
modified tank gaurd
welded rear bumper and recovery point
egr removed and running on chip fat!! :)
Region: Midlands

Postby craigderby on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:28 pm

Hopefully other people will of seen this and it will prevent them from making similar mistakes in the future. But it does go to reinforce how important it is to do some research, especially when you're taking other people out with you and they're relying on you to provide a legal route.
craigderby
Senior Frontera Engineer
Senior Frontera Engineer

Postby Drift on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:31 pm

I have driven the Wayfarer in North Wales for many many years and that has tracks going off all over the place, some are off piste tracks made by mindless clowns for fun, others are farmers tracks they use to access the land in their vehicles. You will find these tracks on virtually every lane that has a field next to it but just because it is a track does not automatically mean you can drive it.

Check the Ordnance Survey map to start, then Trailewise website and the local council rights of way office or ASK people. All of these will help, NEVER assume just because its a track that its legal to drive on, you could end up with a section 59 and this can be issue on the report of a witness or youtube evidence and has been issue in this manner in the past.
If I remember correctly its two section 59's and your car is confiscated.

Treat every lane as illegal until you have the proof it is actually legal, then your less likely to go wrong.
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)
Region: North West

Postby Dannyboy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:32 pm

Drift wrote:Hi Martin, its not just about hiding the fact, it should not have happened in the first place by members here if indeed those lanes are closed and there was proven "off piste" activity..
There is more than enough info available and plenty of us her to ask if in doubt.

John Boy/ graigderby do you have any info on the closed lanes please?

The lane isnt closed Ste, it seems that you arent allowed on the tracks just to the left of it. I know that the right hand side is defo off limits, hence it was not ventured upon, but as ive said, i thought that you was ok to use the left hand side? It has many tracks in and around it and there are NO signs saying you cant use it as there ARE on the right hand side? :? Neather are there any measures to prevent use of this area as there ARE on the opposite side?
I honestly didnt realise we were doing anything to cause an issue.
STRATA 2012- WE CAME, WE SAW, WE KICKED ITS ASS! (even if it got wrinkled in the bombhole!)
Dannyboy
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Ball joints flipped
265/75/16 insa turbos
55mm wheel spacers
modified tank gaurd

Postby craigderby on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:35 pm

Dannyboy wrote:Neather are there any measures to prevent use of this area as there ARE on the opposite side?

There were, but unfortunately some clowns winched them out the way
craigderby
Senior Frontera Engineer
Senior Frontera Engineer

Postby Dannyboy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:37 pm

That i dont know as ive never seen any on that side?? But ive taken this onboard and wont be doing it again.
Dannyboy
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Ball joints flipped
265/75/16 insa turbos
55mm wheel spacers
modified tank gaurd

Postby craigderby on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:42 pm

Dannyboy wrote:But ive taken this onboard and wont be doing it again.

:thumbup:
craigderby
Senior Frontera Engineer
Senior Frontera Engineer

Postby Drift on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:44 pm

The vast majority of lanes or tracks do not have signs to say they are closed but when on a lane that is open you DO NOT deviate from that lane unless instructed by an official notice or person and the only other time you can deviate from the right of way is to get past an unavoidable unforeseen obstacle and then you should go around causing the least amount of damage as possible.

A few links for you to read.

http://www.treadlightly-uk.org/

http://www.trailwise.org.uk/register.php

http://www.crag-uk.org/index.php?option ... e&Itemid=1
Ste
FOG Administrator

Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)

Postby Drift on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:51 pm

We have discussed and it has been decided that this thread has run its course and will be locked, it shall remain on the forum to let others know the consequences of driving places you shouldnt drive.
Ste
FOG Administrator

Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

She is nicccccceeee ;-)

Previous

Return to Greenlaning Fording