// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Glass / Crag etc etc

Glass / Crag etc etc

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Glass / Crag etc etc

Postby BoxCleva on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:38 pm

Seriously, can someone tell me what these groups/organisations thinking with their membership fee's ? £36 for one and £25 for the other. :shock:

Looking at Crags frontpage under 'latest news' is an article from 2010 :roll: Glass's page is no better.

Perhaps if they took the blinkers off and set the membership fee's a little more sensibly they would have a lot more members, because from what I can see members are thin on the ground to say the least.

Most of the information they have is replicated elsewhere on the internet for free, so what is the motivation for joining ? If it's to fund repair projects surely this would be better acieved through fundraising events. At least if the membership was free there would be more people to rope in to the activity/repair days.

I have in the past helped on a repair day and would be happy to do the same again, but i'm screwed if I'm going to pay for the privilege. :evil:

It's no wonder we are losing lanes if these are the bodies that represent us .

Rant over.
BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Location: North Wales, not to far from the Wayfarer- Between Wrexham and Oswestry
Vehicle Name: sack o sheet
Modifications: Beemer e46
Region: North West

Re: Glass / Crag etc etc

Postby andytats on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:05 pm

That why I've never signed up because of the fees. But I would help on a repair day.
i hate having Dyslexia
andytats
The Grinder Man
The Grinder Man

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Modifications: 2.8 Lwb
private number plate K666 FOG
+4" spring
+2" rough country shocks
dislocation cones
Rear Quick release drop links
Silicone turbo hoses
Winch tray
13000lb winch with red synthetic rope
+2" body lift
Manual lockers
M/T tyres 33 12.50 15 on 10jx15
Snorkel
Heavy duty rear bumper
3.1 trooper clutch
Region: South East

Postby Drift on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:57 pm

Its been a few months since I signed into CRAG, I was involved in a thread in the site a few months ago about scrapping the fees or having a minimal fee and a few ideas where banded about but nothing ever happened, they do not recruit as many if any as they used to.

My argument was get as many members in as they could for little or free and open donations with hundreds of members and call on them when needed as with high cost memberships they are seen as a reclusive club.
With free membership there would be a wider work force and louder voice to show opinions on the lanes, its something rather than nothing.

Options for finance could be as said donations and merchandise, but alas nothing happened and things fizzled out.
In fairness CRAG at least is run by volunteers and as such those people move on and others may not have the drive or time to fill those boots.

One this is desperately urgent and that the need to unite and shout.
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)

Postby BoxCleva on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:11 pm

It's a shame because at the moment it would appear you pay £36 to an organisation with no influence or power. And on top of that an oragnisation that isn't popular even with the people it's supposed to support :oh yer:
BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Location: North Wales, not to far from the Wayfarer- Between Wrexham and Oswestry
Vehicle Name: sack o sheet
Modifications: Beemer e46

Postby Drift on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:16 pm

I have not had any dealings with GLASS for years though I have read about elitism on some forums and people not being happy but Ive not got any personal views as it is a very difficult game pleasing everyone.

My view is education is the key to breed responsibility and unit groups but know one is shout let alone being heard as every group is quiet.

Trailwise could have been a good springboard for this but even that went quiet quickly.
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)

Return to Greenlaning Fording