// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Anyone in/near bristol?

Anyone in/near bristol?

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Anyone in/near bristol?

Postby taylor6632 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:55 pm

Just got my frontera and live in bristol. Looking for some people to go out green laning with that maybe have more experience than me.

At my parents at the moment in weymouth and there is nothing (legal) about to drive. Hopefully going out on the bovington barracks training area as my uncle teaches the fuzz off road driving out there.
taylor6632
frontera God
frontera God

Registration Year: 1996/N
Modifications: 3.1 Trooper, 2" suspension lift, 2" body lift, 33" cooper stt muds, egr removed, cb radio
Region: South West

Re: Anyone in/near bristol?

Postby Fronty_TPJ on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:40 pm

hello, i live in bristol, i usually go laning on the moors, nothing crazy but good fun :D have you got a swb or lwb? cheers mate :)
1999 Vauxhall Frontera SWB RS DTI viewtopic.php?f=46&t=47878 (Fronty Pics)
1979 Porsche 924 GT Replica http://s1068.photobucket.com/albums/u45 ... che%20924/
Fronty_TPJ
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Model: 2.2 DTi 16v RS Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1999/V
Vehicle Name: Blue Thunder
Modifications: [IMG]http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u453/Fronty_TPJ/P1050062.jpg[/IMG]

Postby Wilberforce on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:20 pm

Also, there's RancidRich in Exeter, I don't think he'd need much prodding to come up country a bit though.
Stick your head in the SW section and say hello. Also, I'm going laning in Hampshire next weekend if you're still in Weymouth and fancy it. Details in my signature.
Jim...

South East Picnic site information

| Jessica - 2002 Isuzu Trooper Insignia LWB | 3.1 ltr hybrid conversion |
Wilberforce
The stick insect
The stick insect

Registration Year: 2002/51
Vehicle Name: Jessica
Region: North West

Postby wideformat on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:32 am

For a good day out on Salisbury Plain you could try Bourne Valley they are at North Tidworth which is about an hour from Bristol a good day out for £30
you can find the dates on http://www.lro.com/events/

The guy who runs the trips Is Rich you can email him on rich@bournevalleyoffroad.co.uk

They don't mind Frontera's although most of the people Iv'e met on 2 trips Iv'e been on are Land Rover owners
I would prefer a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.
Seek not excess, God hates he who roams !
wideformat
GURU
GURU

Model: 2.2i 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: More Trouble
Modifications: 2" lift with Disco springs and Rough Country shocks
16" wheels with Maletester Sahara tyres
CB Radio.
Life hammer, compressor, new head gasket
Region: Southern England

Postby taylor6632 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Ok, all sounds good.

I've got the 98 swb model. Did some tame off roading last night around weymouth (parents house) and got into some pretty deep mud and it never slipped once. Well impressed.

Will definitely be wanting to do some longer days around bristol so thanks for linking me to others. Just need to upgrade my tyres now!
taylor6632
frontera God
frontera God

Registration Year: 1996/N
Modifications: 3.1 Trooper, 2" suspension lift, 2" body lift, 33" cooper stt muds, egr removed, cb radio

Postby Fronty_TPJ on Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:48 pm

ahh cool, what you looking for? muddies? im going for a 3" lift, 265 75 16 mud terrains and some other bits and bobs to make it look more aggressive and off road! :) when you back in bristol mate?

cheers
1999 Vauxhall Frontera SWB RS DTI viewtopic.php?f=46&t=47878 (Fronty Pics)
1979 Porsche 924 GT Replica http://s1068.photobucket.com/albums/u45 ... che%20924/
Fronty_TPJ
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Model: 2.2 DTi 16v RS Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1999/V
Vehicle Name: Blue Thunder
Modifications: [IMG]http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u453/Fronty_TPJ/P1050062.jpg[/IMG]

Return to Greenlaning Fording