// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - East Herts Laning Day - 4th December

East Herts Laning Day - 4th December

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Re: East Herts Laning Day - 4th December

Postby BadBoy on Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:01 pm

I'd guess Dan's still on the A10 with Angelina, broken down. Rather him than me
:shock: :lol:
Traffic lights in London are just rough guidelines
BadBoy
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Modifications: Looks a bit like a Kia Sorento 2.5CRDi Titian remapped for 265bhp!
Region: South East

Postby andytats on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:41 pm

Well what can I say!
Big thanks to Paul & Ian for organising this event
i had Cracking Day out fellas it was cold but fun. Was good to meet up with some old face's and to meet wideformat.

just a couple of pic's and one video.( i will post video later went its finished uploading to youtube)
i hate having Dyslexia
andytats
The Grinder Man
The Grinder Man

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Modifications: 2.8 Lwb
private number plate K666 FOG
+4" spring
+2" rough country shocks
dislocation cones
Rear Quick release drop links
Silicone turbo hoses
Winch tray
13000lb winch with red synthetic rope
+2" body lift
Manual lockers
M/T tyres 33 12.50 15 on 10jx15
Snorkel
Heavy duty rear bumper
3.1 trooper clutch

Postby andytats on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:55 pm

i make about 6 video's on the day but have edited them into just one. sorry its abit long 15.28 :lol: :lol:
i hate having Dyslexia
andytats
The Grinder Man
The Grinder Man

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Modifications: 2.8 Lwb
private number plate K666 FOG
+4" spring
+2" rough country shocks
dislocation cones
Rear Quick release drop links
Silicone turbo hoses
Winch tray
13000lb winch with red synthetic rope
+2" body lift
Manual lockers
M/T tyres 33 12.50 15 on 10jx15
Snorkel
Heavy duty rear bumper
3.1 trooper clutch

Postby bushwacker on Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:18 am

hi ya :) i had a blinding day out laneing, thanks to paul and ian group leaders, sorry tom had to pullout with a fueling prob i think , my son big mike has put some pictures up , i will put some up soon when i have found the lead for me camera, Nice to see greg who came up with retro pedro,hope you all enjoyed the day :D
bushwacker
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1997/R
Vehicle Name: ?
Modifications: 2 inch sussy lift, all terain tyres, cb recovery shackels

Postby tom on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:50 pm

thanks to paul and ian, sorry we had to pull out :evil: still playing up when we got home. :evil: went out the next day and its runing on lpg ok.and today its still runing ok ???? :D :D glad you all had a good time :sick: :sick:
tom

Postby hipo1024 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:17 pm

BadBoy wrote:I'd guess Dan's still on the A10 with Angelina, broken down. Rather him than me
:shock: :lol:

haha...no my truck did its job perfectly...the bar in the middle how ever did not :evil: it bent when slowing down for a roundabout and Angelina was just enjoying herself to much and wanted to go faster....and gave me a small shunt...good thing I have my spare on the back is all I can say lol. No damage to either truck :) I couldnt really stop were it had happened so I kept on going which straightened the bar back out again, but at the next roundabout (about 100meters down the road) it gave up and snaped, a load bang (bar ripping in 2), shortly followed by a ping (light board cable flinging over the top of Angelina's roof) mean we had no choice but to coast to the side of the roundabout, not ideal.....but at least Angelina had enough momentum to roll to the side and not just stop in the middle of the lane lol. Anyways, £100 later and a recovery truck turns up and makes the rest of the jurney much easyer....we didnt actually make it out of stevenage lol. It snapped on the roundabout with the esso station on it.....the recovery guy knew were we were from that.

Anyways, back on topic....
Thank you ian and paul for the great day out!! not much went to plan that day....took me 55 miles and almost 2hrs to get to haultwich from cambridge, google maps says its 28.4 miles.... :? and all because they closed the A10. But once there it was a really good day out!! I also forgot my camera...so no pix from me :(

My 2.8 shorty - now sold, and comments here
My old dti - now sold

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW --- What a Ride!"

This vehicle runs on 100% recycled dinosaurs
hipo1024
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Vehicle Name: Justifies Every Extra Part
Modifications: Daily drive: '55 jeep grand cherokee crd
3" Suspension lift
265/70/17 GG ATs
CB radio

Previous trucks:
2.8 lwb - sold
2.5 lwb - sold