// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Week end in North Wales laning ****REVIEW****

Week end in North Wales laning ****REVIEW****

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Week end in North Wales laning ****REVIEW****

Postby gregster on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:10 am

Hope you are a having a great time, the weather is great for you all, and the breakage gods are on hols for the weekend and leave you all alone...

Please post your comments, pics and vids here....(we all wait with eager anticipation) :wink:

I have locked the other thread to keep things consise and tidy, and put a link in there to this thread...
Tom please PM me an opening post when you get back and I will substitute it for this one, only right as you organised this weekend.....
Though I had better not change the poster of this thread to TOM until he returns as it confuses some of our members
:oh yer:

So bring it on guys....we want loadsa pics/vids... :dance: :dance: :dance:

Have a great weekend, and a big well done to TOM for putting this great weekend together!
8) 8) 8)
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.
Region: South East

Re: Week end in North Wales laning ****REVIEW****

Postby andysd1 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:47 pm

i decided to stay at camp today. Due to car playing up. Just had a fantastic time the pool. And no. I did not sink. Thanks tom. For a great Weekend. Oh, and i have pulled. J birds at my feet.
flying solo, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
andysd1
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: snake
Region: North West

Postby gregster on Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:46 pm

andysd1 wrote:Just had a fantastic time the pool.

PLEASE NOTE EVERYONE IN WALES....

DO NOT DRINK THE WATER IN THE SWIMMING POOL....

cos Andy has probably "topped it up" a little bit!!!!
:sick: :sick: :sick:
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby BoxCleva on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:20 pm

Cracking weekend with some drama - hope your'e OK Rob. Will post some pics and details up later. I'm too knackered now.
BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Location: North Wales, not to far from the Wayfarer- Between Wrexham and Oswestry
Vehicle Name: sack o sheet
Modifications: Beemer e46

Postby jason on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:37 pm

Another top week end,thanks all for a fab weekend
All the gear but no idea
MODS FOR A B SERIES - MY TRUCK
jason
Leper of fronteras
Leper of fronteras

Model: 2.2i 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/T
Vehicle Name: Tarzan
Modifications: I dont believe in mods...... yeh right! check out below link...

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk/forums/ ... 98#p315298
Region: Midlands

Postby glynn969 on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:56 pm

fantastic time .. thanks to all involved for making myself , wendy and mini glynn ( will ) very welcome

pictures will follow when i get organised :dance:
glynn969
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/V
Vehicle Name: Red Monster
Modifications: aftermarket sidesteps
A series soft bull bar + spots
noisy airhorns ( to annoy the mrs )
headlight protectors
steinmetz grille
pipercross induction kit
9j 18" alloys with 255/55 grabbers
safari snorkel
raised 2" plus rough country shocks
FOG stickers
braided brake hoses
more stickers than you can shake a stick at ;)

Postby andytats on Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:02 pm

Great weekend apart from breaking down on the way home. Snapped aux belt, now waiting for the RAC. I will post pic , videos tomorrow.
i hate having Dyslexia
andytats
The Grinder Man
The Grinder Man

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Modifications: 2.8 Lwb
private number plate K666 FOG
+4" spring
+2" rough country shocks
dislocation cones
Rear Quick release drop links
Silicone turbo hoses
Winch tray
13000lb winch with red synthetic rope
+2" body lift
Manual lockers
M/T tyres 33 12.50 15 on 10jx15
Snorkel
Heavy duty rear bumper
3.1 trooper clutch

Postby stretch on Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:06 pm

We had a brilliant weekend and thanks to Tom for putting it all together :dance: The wench and I had a great days laning lead by Paul who did a top job. Alas about 300 yards before the end we managed to break down (wife was driving :lol: ) we were stuck in a gully with no fueling and a mass queue of fellow foggers behind us as the other group had just caught us up. Phil came to the rescue and drove the car down the gully unpowered while Jason and I pushed. It was very muddy and bumpy but he got it to the bottom in one piece. Once on flat ground I found the cause which was 2 fuel pipes having become detached. Obviously this meant even though I reconnected them up the pump wasn't primed (and wasn't going to kill it but trying to start it). Luckily Glynn and Phil towed me onto tarmac where Dan re-primed it using his redneck engineering :dance: and I managed to return to camp under my own steam :mrgreen: . I would again like to thank all those that helped in my hour of need it was truly appreciated and shows what a top bunch of people you all are. Thanks and sorry to Rob who got out to help but managed to slip and fall on his ankle awkwardly which resulted in a trip in an ambulance to hospital, he got back to camp about 1am this morning on crutches and in plaster and been told the AA will pick him and his car up (hope you get sorted ok mate). Pictures and videos will be up in due course.
stretch
Rain cloud of doom
Rain cloud of doom

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: F.I.T.T
Modifications: 12v feed in boot
Truckputer under construction
Front & rear recovery points
De side stepped
Region: East Anglia

Postby Drift on Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:39 pm

Wow another great weekend weekend with characters galore and they where all on form :lol:

Only down side for me was not getting in the swimming pool as we where out too late laning, but what a weekends laning that was 8)

There are lots of stories but each person has their own and they deserve to tell them :lol:

My pictures may touch on some moments, hope your butt is dry now Jason :lol: :lol:

And poor young Mini Glynn, what can I say but Andy has a special place for you :shock:

What song shall it be tonight........I know lets Rave

Oooo thats better a dry bum

Seriously dont ask...but Mr Tom likes older women and most other things it seems

Mr Grumpy at it again

Mr Grumpy removing mud the environmentally friendly way

The vids

pooey lane, the girls wouldnt open the gate for some reason

A massive thank you to every single one of you at this weekend and I seriously can not wait to meet you all again 8)
On a foot note (sorry) hope your ankle heals Rob and great you took everything in high spirits :wink:
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)

Postby BoxCleva on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:04 pm

Hmm, got home to a HUGE roast dinner cooked by 'er in doors, thank you darling :D

Starting to feel a bit more awake now.

Got down on Friday with a bottle of Jack Daniels and two of my daughters and a Dti in limp mode :roll: But as you don't go much above walking speed on the lanes I wasn't at all bothered.
Good night on Friday with plenty of pee taking and banter - unfortunately I left the top of my Jack Daniels and most of it evaporated. In a totally unrelated incident the following morning I came down with a bout of sickness and flu like symptoms. Thankfully the flu cleared up just after lunchtime, so all was good.

A good days laning on Saturday around the Betws area , albeit a little congested with Fronty's on a couple of occasions :? Some breakdowns / truck issues that thankfully were all rectified. The only damage that wasn't fixed on the lanes was Rob's foot :( Colley lead our group and opened all the gates and navigated and drove his truck - which is a lot to take on, so he was a bit fried by the end of the day :lol: My nippers were on gate closing duty, something they never get tired off which never ceases to amaze me.

Sunday was another great day and on my favourite lanes. I led this one as its all on my doorstep and I didn't need memory map which means I could just enjoy the drive and scenery. Wendy was in charge of gate closing and my rugrats were opening. Watching Wendy dance through cowsh*t in her white trainers was worth the trip alone :lol:

Thanks go to :

Tom for organizing the whole thing from start to finish. The campsite was excellent and I know at least one of us got his moneys worth out of the pool !
All the group leaders over both days, and to all those who offered advice to the newbies amongst the groups. A real team spirit :wink:
To all the gate openers and closers, especially those on Splashy and Sh*tty lane. :lol:

And finally a huge thanks to everyone else for the non stop banter, p*ss taking and chatter that makes these weekends what they are. :dance:

Apologies as I forgot my camera , so I only got a few pics with my camera phone.....

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g85/b ... pt%202011/

EDIT: Almost forgot. Thanks to everyone for making the girls feel part of the weekend, they thoroughly enjoy it and love the banter - even from you Andy! :wink:
BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Location: North Wales, not to far from the Wayfarer- Between Wrexham and Oswestry

Postby colley on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:02 pm

Really good weekend :dance:
Thanks to everyone involved who played a part in the organising of the weekend :D
Here are a few pics i took :wink:

colley
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Registration Year: 2003/52
Modifications: #
# 2.5 lift
# 235/85/16 Kuhmo mud tyres
# Custom made winch bumper and winch fitted
# Safari snorkel
# roof tent

Postby andytats on Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:55 am

andytats wrote:Great weekend apart from breaking down on the way home. Snapped aux belt, now waiting for the RAC. I will post pic , videos tomorrow.

I have just got home. Left the camp site at 4:18pm broke down at ,6:15ish. The RAC fixed the car at 9:20pm so that's 9hours to got home instead of 4:30 :evil: :evil:
i hate having Dyslexia
andytats
The Grinder Man
The Grinder Man

Modifications: 2.8 Lwb
private number plate K666 FOG
+4" spring
+2" rough country shocks
dislocation cones
Rear Quick release drop links
Silicone turbo hoses
Winch tray
13000lb winch with red synthetic rope
+2" body lift
Manual lockers
M/T tyres 33 12.50 15 on 10jx15
Snorkel
Heavy duty rear bumper
3.1 trooper clutch

Postby BoxCleva on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:57 am

Blimey Andy, that ain't good :?

On the plus side I suppose it's better to break down there than on the lanes. :dunno: Glad you made it home in one piece.
BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby andysd1 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:07 am

andytats wrote:I have just got home. Left the camp site at 4:18pm broke down at ,6:15ish. The RAC fixed the car at 9:20pm so that's 9hours to got home instead of 4:30 :evil: :evil:

bet the wife is loving the truck even more,
andysd1
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby colley on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:17 am

Thought i would do a bit more of write up as i only posted pics yesterday.
Me Mr Tom and Jason set of from my house at 11am on friday and drove to wales at a great speed of knots :lol:
We arrived at the site and got the best pitches for the tents before everyone else turned up :lol: But there were some riff raff already there :lol:
Had a great night friday everyone got together and had a drink or two or a bottle :lol:
Saturday morning everyone split in to groups and i lead a group with my new memory map setup :dance: Thanks to Si for sorting it for me.
We did some good lanes on saturday and i was completely knackered as i had to open all the gates. I am getting old :oops:

On the Sunday Si lead our group with me navigating from behind him as his girls did all the gates for me :D Did some really good lanes again and loads of banter going on over the cb. However some of it was not very appropriate but we did have Andy in my group :lol: We then finished off about 16:30 and went our separate ways. Most of us had a 2 hour drive home but for some they was home in 10 minutes having there roast dinner :butt:

On the way home me and Mr Tom got to the m54 interchange were it joins the M6 and saw andytats on the hard shoulder. We stopped to see if we could help however as the belt and tensioner had gone there was nothing we could do so we had to leave him. Glad to here you did get home mate.

Got home anyway with no breakages so i am happy.

A few thank yous
As i said in my previous post thanks to all involved in organising the weekend.
Thanks to Si for sorting my memory map and all the hot water for drinks during the 2 days.
Thanks to Abby and Hattie for doing the gates and saving my legs.
Thanks to Andy for not molesting me :lol:
colley
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Registration Year: 2003/52
Modifications: #
# 2.5 lift
# 235/85/16 Kuhmo mud tyres
# Custom made winch bumper and winch fitted
# Safari snorkel
# roof tent

Postby andysd1 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:15 am

colley wrote:Thanks to Andy for not molesting me :lol:

i had mini glynn to break in, i think i done it, because by the time we got half way down splashy lane, he was hopping hattie would fall in the water, so she would get a wet t-shirt, lol,
andysd1
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby MrTom on Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:29 am

What a Brilliant weekend!
Finally got to put some faces and personalities to user names.

I'll do my best to moderate this post but if you take offence please skip this one. :twisted: This is from my perspective so please don't take offence if I don't mention your name.

Ok so Jason and myself met at Colleys at 11 and made our way to the campsite whilst we were keen to get there we were also rather concerned with initial fuel consumption OK OK My 2.0l vs Colleys V6 meant he had to crawl there whilst I slips streamed Jason (and it seemed to work for me) 8)

We got there for around 14:30, said hello to Drift and Rob(oneleg)fog, and went a bout making a wind break with the trucks and setting our tents up. Jason brought a mansion with him (Big enough to lose a ringing phone at 5am for 5 long minutes). For some reason we had chickens clawing and pecking at our tents so Colley caught one and entered it .... into jasons tent which resulted in it then making a trip into colleys car. This for me set the tone for the weekend.

Once we were set up Si turned up with the crew in tow and managed to start setting his tent up
without actually touching anything but a roll up (his girls are well drilled) Glynn, little Glynn and Wendy turned up and began setting up another house tent with a generator and the works. Others rolled in in dribs and drabs including Andy who drove in with his egr blank in his hand. I didn't get to meet everyone personally as groups started to form.

People stood around getting to know each other, routes were disscussed and general p!ss taking began. Dark fell, wind stayed constant but spirits stayed High. People stared to grab seats and sit round along with some light drinking taking place. Si cranked all 5 watts of his stereo out at full chat.
*Jason got his arse wet courtesy of drift
*I had a debate with Si over the quality of Voderman, Madonna, Bullock etc.
*Colley decided it would be a good idea if he and myself phoned everyone boy in Si's girls phone book to warn them off to save Si the bother. (worked rather well)
*Drift kept the funny stories coming all night.
*Little Glynn had 1 x can of red bull and 1 x can of Stella and started break dancing and all sorts.
*Si adorned a strange looking hat and our conversation slowly degraded into You slaaaaaagg every 2 minutes.
*Jason informed Drift and Colley that he had deposited their chair and airbed over the fence. This resulted in Drift and Colley and offering to throw him over the wall to retrieve said items.

All had a great time. I met a few more great people People started to head off to bed. It turns out most Foggers like to snore and Jason has the loudest Dixihorn ringtone ever that decided to go off in the early hours of the morning.

People surfaced looking a bit tired and Si was ill (possibly down to something he had eaten) and managed to communicate via grunts and moans.
Groups were sorted and divided and we rolled out to the best greenlaning I have ever done. Colley did a great Job using memory map
and gate duty.
and we made our way across a mixture amazing views
and technical terrain.

Sh!tty Lane threw a few surprises and laughs one of which was Si realising his rigga boots weren't watertight as Sh!tty lanes finest water made its way inside along with some crazy lean angles

We all made it back and greeted Andy who had been floating around in the pool all day ( mostley because he couldn't get out :mrgreen: )
More fun and banter followed by people having a fairly early night.

The next day we did more amazing lanes and saw even more beautiful country side.
We started with the Car wash where andy manged to push the bow wave towards me and Glynn lost his plate.

Click Video

We made our way down 'scratchy lane' which was my favorite of the trip and also splashy lane which turns out is actually liquid pooh that has now crusted over my truck, but also a nice technical section wich is where people got their articulation shots

Click Video

All in all the weekend has been the best thing I have done in my truck so far. Thanks to everyone who invested time and effort into the trip. Some of my favorite quotes that really made me chuckle:

Drift: (imagine a typical Liverpudlian accent) Have you ever not been thinking and spat your chewey into the tissue paper before going to wipe your arse with the same piece?

Andy: (over the CB) I have broken little Glynn in.

Colley: I don't like people touching my sleeping stuff. I suggest the bed appears or I'll lay you out.

Me and Si: You slaaaaaaag, you slaaaaaagg goodnight.

Glynns missus: (Quietly heard over the cb after been informed of some excessive lean angles approaching) ohhhhhhh sh!t.

Thanks all. Can't wait to meet you all again soon :D
Last edited by MrTom on Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------MUD SLUT ~ hitting every hole ~----------
MrTom
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.0i Sport Niagra 3dr
Registration Year: 1998/R
Vehicle Name: Felix
Modifications: -
Snorkel
K&N Filter
Tinted windows
Under sealed
Console mounted multi point charger
CB Radio
16" Modular rims
Insa Turbo special tracks
2" suspension Lift
Spare wheel carrier removed
Rough country Shocks
Roof Rack
4 X 55 Watt roof lights
Tow Bar
Recovery points (front and rear)
Fan over ride switch
Hi-lift Jack Mounted on rear door
Bucket seats
3-point Sparco Harnesses
Rear seats removed
Manual locking Hubs
Rear welded recovery point
Winch bumper
Winch

Postby BoxCleva on Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:50 am

:rotfl: :rotfl: :ggod post:
BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby Drift on Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:01 pm

That was funny :lol: I have still got a bald patch on my bum, it was like getting waxed :oops: :oops:
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)

Postby MrTom on Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:54 pm

Drift wrote:That was funny :lol: I have still got a bald patch on my bum, it was like getting waxed :oops: :oops:

Haha you asked cheeky chick if she has ever had the same problem...! :shock:
-----------MUD SLUT ~ hitting every hole ~----------
MrTom
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.0i Sport Niagra 3dr
Registration Year: 1998/R
Vehicle Name: Felix
Modifications: -
Snorkel
K&N Filter
Tinted windows