// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Went Swimming In The 2.8

Went Swimming In The 2.8

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Re: Went Swimming In The 2.8

Postby jason on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:59 pm

Roo wrote:Wow you weren't kidding when you say you went swimming :lol: ...Very good vids guys, good driving there Colley :D
Jason take a pair of wellies with ya next time you go out with Colley :wink:
Pleased you both had fun and got back safe
Cheers
Roo :D

I did forget my boots on this one :roll: i did a Colley and wore my trainers :D
but this time he had his boots on :oh yer:
All the gear but no idea
MODS FOR A B SERIES - MY TRUCK
jason
Leper of fronteras
Leper of fronteras

Model: 2.2i 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/T
Vehicle Name: Tarzan
Modifications: I dont believe in mods...... yeh right! check out below link...

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk/forums/ ... 98#p315298
Region: Midlands

Postby jason on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:04 pm

Sorry all - still trying to get used to uploading onto you-tube. This one has taken nearly an hour to upload. Its about 5 mins long - its a good lane that we did, we did it twice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbZR4XKO2j8
All the gear but no idea
MODS FOR A B SERIES - MY TRUCK
jason
Leper of fronteras
Leper of fronteras

Model: 2.2i 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/T
Vehicle Name: Tarzan
Modifications: I dont believe in mods...... yeh right! check out below link...

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk/forums/ ... 98#p315298

Postby colley on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:18 pm

Just been looking through some old pics and vids and cme across these videos :D I miss my old 2.8 :(
colley
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2003/52
Modifications: #
# 2.5 lift
# 235/85/16 Kuhmo mud tyres
# Custom made winch bumper and winch fitted
# Safari snorkel
# roof tent

Postby horses45 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:37 am

looking at that colly make me want to keep both of mine now :(
BRING ON A BIGGER WALL !!!!![color=#4080FF]Cos I Am The Cosmic Fool

East Midland Area Rep

Frontera owners stickers here forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=47071"
horses45
FOG BBQ Chef
FOG BBQ Chef

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2003/03
Vehicle Name: The Truck
Modifications: None :-(

Postby Retro Pedro on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:25 pm

I'm in two minds whether to add this post, but without trying to be a party pooper, I wonder if having our motors submerged in deep water does have a detrimental effect with the rust worm.
Don't get me wrong, it's all about having fun and I'm up for wadding through deep water and watching the bow wave flow in front :thumbup: , but when all the fun is finished, does the trapped water still inside the channels and crevises start the old rust worm eating earlier than when it normally would have :thumbdown:
Retro Pedro
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Grandads Tractor
Modifications: A few suspension modifications to assist with ground clearance and fitting of bigger tyres.
Region: South East

Postby gregster on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:39 pm

It aint only the rust mate....it kills the electrics too, and starters and alternators become a consumable...and carpets grow rather well too.

Yes they can do wading in deep water, but its best left for either sheds that will get binned after a year, or out and out offroaders that are carpet less and have rerouted wiring to keep everything out of murk.

In fairness you are alright if you stick to the depths that VX recommend...but going deeper is fun but will fook the car in the long run.

Its a bit "been there, done it" with me....had my 2.3td proper swimming about 8 years back, 8" from top of screen, just under the tailgate glass as floated off down stream cos it was a bit more buoyant that the 90's I was with. Luckily I pioneered my "through the bulkhead" snorkel mod on this car which kept it running and got me out. Had to pull the gearstick gator out to fill the car with water to get traction again!
killed the car though...different electrical fault every week from then on, it stunk inside where water was a foot deep in it, and all the underlay and seat foam started growing on all the bits you couldnt get to to clean.
So not really that interested in taking them deep swimming now, its not really that much of a challenge...just drive fast enough to give a bow wave and your car will either make it or die (and then you get a free swim)...I would sooner do more technical driving on dry land, with wheels in the air and major off angles...much more challenging (and no free swim!).
Bow wave is fun, once, then you have done it, and water is water, its gets everywhere and buggers everything.
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery