// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Turbochops and Apache Andys 4x4 Trip

Turbochops and Apache Andys 4x4 Trip

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Postby Apache-Andy on Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:55 am

sorry guys didnt get round to doing the other few I have yesterday, was hectic at work. Hit the beer last night too, so didnt do it then either! Will try and get them on today (they aren't that great!)
Apache-Andy
frontera God
frontera God

Postby sollihull on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:07 pm

Apache-Andy wrote:sorry guys didnt get round to doing the other few I have yesterday, was hectic at work. Hit the beer last night too, so didnt do it then either! Will try and get them on today (they aren't that great!)

Andy, My lot from the Quarry ain't great either but it's the fact that you've bothered to put something in about your day that makes this a Community!
Glad you had a good time guys
sollihull
Retired

Postby Apache-Andy on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:10 pm

just got em off the camera - I'm not posting that shoddy work! they are *really* blurred, dunno what happened. Oh well, you've got enough photies hanging around from our trip now :P
Apache-Andy
frontera God
frontera God

Postby Turbochops on Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:06 pm

Apache-Andy wrote:just got em off the camera - I'm not posting that shoddy work! they are *really* blurred, dunno what happened. Oh well, you've got enough photies hanging around from our trip now :P

Ok andy no worries.
THE GREEN MACHINE 2.2 16V B Series RS Sport
Turbochops
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Region: International

Postby sollihull on Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:06 pm

no worries Andy, Camfones aren't the best for "Action" Pics... thanks for trying though!!
sollihull
Retired

Postby Apache-Andy on Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:16 pm

Sorry gents :oops:
Plus Bramble was with us, so missus was a little bit pre-occupied keeping that under control and not able to take piccies. Will try harder next time!
Apache-Andy
frontera God
frontera God

Postby Turbochops on Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:34 pm

Next time andy we go up that slope and across the field.....to errrr freedom!
Turbochops
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Postby Apache-Andy on Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:35 pm

hehe..don't suppose you know where that is on multimap or similar do you? Would be interested to know where we are escaping to!

EDIT :
just found it I think :
http://makeashorterlink.com/?P2D212B2E
"Rough Hills" - lol
Apache-Andy
frontera God
frontera God

Postby Turbochops on Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:21 pm

Apache-Andy wrote:hehe..don't suppose you know where that is on multimap or similar do you? Would be interested to know where we are escaping to!

EDIT :
just found it I think :
http://makeashorterlink.com/?P2D212B2E
"Rough Hills" - lol

Rough Hills, is that were all the ugly women hang out? Ive always joked with my mate who lives in Aston Cantlow that they still practice marrying there cousins. Its such a backwater, one girl in the pub there has webbed feet. Proberly lives in that wood then. :lol:

The track looks like it turns into a footpath halfway across that field. Hypothetically speaking (of course) wonder if you still could drive it and get back on the road. However nothing stopping you parking up at the end of the road bit and walking the rest.
Turbochops
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Postby Apache-Andy on Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:50 pm

True, its not far off from the road, and from the aerial photos looks like there is a farm track not too far off. Will have to try a night recce ;)
Apache-Andy
frontera God
frontera God

Postby Turbochops on Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:29 pm

Yes sounds good. Unless we try and get to it from the otherside. See where it comes out.
Turbochops
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Postby Red Oktober on Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:37 pm

Turbochops wrote:Yes sounds good. Unless we try and get to it from the otherside. See where it comes out.

you'd be better trying to see how far dowwn the lane /track you can go
from the end you can get to /or the end you know
Red Oktober
Retired

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Region: South West

Postby Apache-Andy on Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:50 pm

Good point. I have no idea which road the farm track comes out on...

I could send the missus down the roads in the Focus with a PMR and she can guide us in :D
Apache-Andy
frontera God
frontera God

Postby Turbochops on Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:59 pm

Apache-Andy wrote:Good point. I have no idea which road the farm track comes out on...

I could send the missus down the roads in the Focus with a PMR and she can guide us in :D

4x4 the focus. I have an idea where it might come out. Thing is im not a fan of getting stuck in some farmyard!
Turbochops
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Previous

Return to Greenlaning Fording