// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Solo Laning

Solo Laning

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Solo Laning

Postby Tiddles on Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:18 am

When the wether improves I plane to do some solo green lane exsploring in the south Oxfordshire eara.
Folowing a route from TRO plus a few other lanes I have seen in my travels.

What I want to know is what is the MUST HAVE equipment I need?

I have maps, phone, first ade kit and a good roap.

Most of the time I will be on my own but may have a non driving passanger on some occations.
What happens, happens. What doesn't happen is not meant to :)

A much in love and very happy kitty :dance:

If dyslexic like me then down load this http://www.iespell.com

Really improved my confidence when posting :)

Like good music then go here http://www.planetrock.co.uk/default.asp Click on listen now and enjoy :)
Tiddles
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1993/L
Modifications: 2" lift
Nice gripy tyres :)
Region: South East

Re: Solo Laning

Postby boybilbo81 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:44 am

I like to go solo laneing, but it can be dangerous, Sometimes on my way home from work I like to do a bit of laneing, but on one evening I took a different route, was all going well till I slipped down a bank and into a rutt, Nearly tipping the motor on its side, Nobody would have known where I was if something bad had of happend, but as luck would have it I drove out OK.Its easy to dig yourself out of mud, but not so easy to turn your motor over from its side on your own. So the best thing you can have is someone who knows where you are. The next thing I want is a set of sand ladders/Bridging ladders. some one else on here will have a bit more help for you.
Image Image
boybilbo81
Senior Frontera Engineer
Senior Frontera Engineer

Model: 2.2i 5dr
Registration Year: 1998/R
Modifications: C75 Aluminium Expedition Roof Rack
Front Roof Lights
Rear Work Lamp
Roof Strobes front and rear
Bonnet deflector
2x 18mm Galvanised bow shackles on the front
Insa Turbo Traction Track Tyres
235/70/16
2x CB Radios
PA System

Planning:
2" Body Lift
2" Suspention Lift
Moddified Air intake (not Snorkel)
Region: East Anglia

Re: Solo Laning

Postby Sir-Doris on Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:24 am

As above. the danger really is in the location.

Ideally you should know the lanes ahead but if you don't then the only danger is your own judgement. I wouldn't attempt half the stuff I do if I was on my own, instead I would seek a less dangerous route but with a friend or 2 nearby you are pretty much covered.

When out alone though, particularly if you are miles from anywhere you could have a purely mechanical breakdown without the parts to fix it and if you dont have the right clothing that could spell disaster for you physically if the weather isn't great.

However, having said that, there aren't that many places in the UK which are miles and miles from anywhere so at worst you may have a trek a bit to the nearest farmhouse or until you get reception on your phone and then the only inconvenience is retrieving your stuck/broken down vehicle. Unlike say Australia or America where there could be hundreds of miles between you and the nearest bastion of civilisation.

Really common sense should rule and nothing else.
I also drink Port and I'm not ashamed to say it!

Me Truck

Sir-Doris
Sir Dong
Sir Dong

Model: 2.2i 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: The Old Girl
Modifications: Blanked EGR Valve
265/75/16 Marix Lions
Pro-Comp Steering Stabiliser
Rough Country Shocks
+ 5" Suspension Lift