// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Trugga's & Sandy's Holiday Pt 2 - Langdale Quest

Trugga's & Sandy's Holiday Pt 2 - Langdale Quest

new forum
Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Postby Trugga on Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:28 pm

Following a days laning, Sandy had booked us into Langdale Quest, where we though ourselves ready for the Extreme Experience (black route), and whilst we had only one winch between us, after me explaining how the second vehicle could be winched out using tree strops, snatch blocks and choke chains, off we set.

Unlike laning, here, we could let our hair down:

The "tricky bits" were linked together by easy forest tracks, with our map indicating which marker boards we should turn off at. Conviniently, the winching spots were marked by a yellow dot.

So, at the appropriate place, we turn off and head into the dark of the forest. Hmm, perhaps we better get out and walk the section first. Armed with a short stick, the muddy water gets poked and prodded. There are plenty of trees to winch off, so off I go...

...I did alright as well, until I got bogged in the mud. Out with the winch then... no problem at all. Next came Sandy who made it through with a little more power and commitment:

Image Image

We continued on, not expecting any more winching until later in the day...

Then, it all went a bit wrong:

At the end of a long wet and rutted forest section, there were a couple of rocks to clamber over:

It looked like the LWB Frontera would damage a sill, so seeing as there were other tracks (perhaps for the same reason) I made a slight detour - oops, wrong decision:

I appear to be hung up on a submerged tree root - Sandy tugs me back and I try a wider approach:

Does'nt look good, does it.

I give up and get Sandy to tug me back into the woods and decide to try the two rocks again - this time we took broken logs and smaller rocks and piled them up to make a ramp - easy (why did'nt we do that to start with?)

Unfortunately, the tree root has caused some damage to the sill, partly due to my over-exuberance as well I suppose - at least the damage is not structual.

Oh, I tried to unwind the winch, but the clutch would not disengauge - I wonder why:

Anyway, after a full can of energy drink, I was repaired and we carried on:

We met a number of great people in the forest and exchanged many a tale.

We will be going again, before the year is out.

Lawrence
Trugga
Da Prof!
Da Prof!

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1994/L
Vehicle Name: Little Blue Bug
Modifications: # ARB Winch bumper
# Wireless operated Warn Winch
# Jackable rockslider sills
# Safety Devices roll cage
# Roof level tree bars
# Roof mounted waffle boards
# Underbody protection
# Smaller, higher fuel tank
# Buttock tuck with protectors
# Cobra Aqua4x4 competition seats
# 3-point harnesses
# Terratrip
# GTE digital dash
# Bonnet pins
# AVM manual front hubs
# FIA battery master switch
# Ally Chequerplate footwells
# De-Cat, straight thro' zorst
# 2" Lift, +2" Rough Country shocks
Region: Midlands

Postby marlbororman on Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:55 pm

Lol,Great pictures again, i really like it at langdale, but it definately looks a lot drier than when i was there last.
Ian
---------------------------------------------------
2.2rs sport Green 3"suspension lift, 3"Body lift,Safari Snorkel,32" mt`s,Car Pc running the tunes + Gps and other things :):)
Member no. 705
http://www.humber-yorks4x4response.org.uk

marlbororman
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby alex on Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:13 pm

Great, looks fun. Shame about the souvenier, but it will ad to the bbb's character. I hope to pay them a visit once I sort a winch out in a few months.

Sandy's photo is a corker by the way.
Fronty no.4, pimp mobile Treg 3.2 LWB lifted 2.5"

Fronty no.5 2.8 swb hd coils +2" 31"machos.
alex
The Battering Ram

Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/T
Modifications: 3.2v6 LWB lifted on 31"at's "The Pimp mobile"

2.8 LWB
5" supension lift,
Body lift,
Manual hubs,
33" mudders,
Fixed Flywheel,
B&Q snorkle,