// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - East Midlands meet 4th September *** REVIEW***

East Midlands meet 4th September *** REVIEW***

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Re: East Midlands meet 4th September *** REVIEW***

Postby horses45 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:20 pm

will post my pics up but have a evil idea well not really just ripping off an old thread but whatch this space god loves me and the dark side lol
BRING ON A BIGGER WALL !!!!![color=#4080FF]Cos I Am The Cosmic Fool

East Midland Area Rep

Frontera owners stickers here forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=47071"
horses45
FOG BBQ Chef
FOG BBQ Chef

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2003/03
Vehicle Name: The Truck
Modifications: None :-(
Region: Midlands

Postby adyclemo on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:04 pm

Look forward to seeing the pics put up.
Regards Ady

Pics of the motor can be found here

Comment on the motor here
adyclemo
frontera God
frontera God

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Modifications: Relocated diff breathers to engine bay.
Cycle carrier made for spare wheel carrier.
Steel wheels changed for alloys.
Full lenght roof rack.
Front tow bar.
CB.
Manual locking hubs.
Front and rear wrap round bull bars.
Suspension lift.
32" BFG's
Snorkle.
Egr delete

Postby colley on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:08 pm

BoxCleva wrote:Again, I'm struggling to make sense of your post, but if I read you correctly Rob was there ?

I'm sorry , but if Rob was there I don't believe for one second he didn't take the pee more than we have (unless he was having an off day ) :wink:

Ask me, Simod, Stevd and countless others about getting stuck or doing something daft. Getting ribbed about it for 6 months afterwards is all part of it I'm afraid. The fact you had fun doing it is brilliant, just don't expect sympathy when you come back on the forum :twisted:

This is very true dean :wink:
For instance Si got stuck in the woods at the annual meet and i had to pull him out. Me and simo didn't take the pisssss once :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then to top it off his girls said my truck was so much better than there dads :butt: :butt: :lol: :lol:
colley
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Registration Year: 2003/52
Modifications: #
# 2.5 lift
# 235/85/16 Kuhmo mud tyres
# Custom made winch bumper and winch fitted
# Safari snorkel
# roof tent

Postby horses45 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:13 pm

Oh colley thats not nice saying that your truck is better than his lol

East Midland Area Rep

horses45
FOG BBQ Chef
FOG BBQ Chef

Postby AskDean on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:14 pm

could of swore dacman said he had not been off road in it as it road tires my mistake then if he did get stuck off road before
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 2001/51
Vehicle Name: The Big Black Beasty
Modifications: LWB Unlimited 3.2 V6, Cloth , +3 Lift spring, rough country nitro +2 shocks, cat back stainless steel exhaust, AT's, 135w led spots, twin pump fed air horns, Sony 1400w explod sub, Solar and LPG converted, fridge in the back, a leggy blonde in the passenger seat and little old me at the wheel.

Postby horses45 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:39 pm

si did say he hadn't been off road before :?:

East Midland Area Rep

horses45
FOG BBQ Chef
FOG BBQ Chef

Postby AskDean on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:43 pm

see i was sure i was not going daft as already mental enough and i think they have the wrong si possibley

any way where is my up periscope pic rob
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Modifications: LWB Unlimited 3.2 V6, Cloth , +3 Lift spring, rough country nitro +2 shocks, cat back stainless steel exhaust, AT's, 135w led spots, twin pump fed air horns, Sony 1400w explod sub, Solar and LPG converted, fridge in the back, a leggy blonde in the passenger seat and little old me at the wheel.

Postby BoxCleva on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:47 pm

horses45 wrote:Oh colley thats not nice saying that your truck is better than his lol

I'm afraid it's true Rob, especially now he's LPG'd it
BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Location: North Wales, not to far from the Wayfarer- Between Wrexham and Oswestry
Vehicle Name: sack o sheet
Modifications: Beemer e46
Region: North West

Postby BoxCleva on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:54 pm

I'm fascinated by this location as I haven't heard of it being mentioned before. What is it a private 4x4 club or just some old waste ground ?
BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Location: North Wales, not to far from the Wayfarer- Between Wrexham and Oswestry

Postby AskDean on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:09 pm

ok rob shall we let them know what we have been doing all day.

ok we were busy fitting this

AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby AskDean on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:19 pm

you wont have heard of it as it was an old pit that had shut down and has been purchaed by devlopers who are slowly devolping the location over the next 5 years and so when i found out a friend knew one of the developers i asked if at weekend if a my self and a few friends would be ok to do a bit off roading as long as we didnt up set the locals with any noice polution and didnt damage or get in the way of any of the work on site.

wich tends to be why when i put a play day on we do it on sundays so not to get in the way of any work on site even though they are currently only building on a small part of the top as they are doing the developement 1 or 2 streets at a time due to the recession. so leaving the rest of the site as counrty side. main used by dog walkers when they wander on it and the odd gimp on a crosser making a racket which ends up winding the some old people who live oposite the site and they then call the police to complain.

but as the part we use is a way down in the middle of the site and being road legal cars we dont make a racket so as long as they dont get complaints they have no problems.

but then to date yesterday with 5 cars on site is the biggest group i have taken on, i did post a mini meet to give every one a free play day but no one took any notice and so i went on my own and had a laugh and the last couple of times i have been i have taken others down.
Last edited by AskDean on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby BoxCleva on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:22 pm

Very handy thing to have on your doorstep.
BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby AskDean on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:23 pm

your words could not be truer i am sat here on the sofa and i can see the top of the big hill from here as i am less than half a mile from heavon ask rob

but the second best thing is my lads runs a valeting company so get the thing clean is never a problem.

so any one in need of a good valet in the nottingham area should head down to where the range is at on colwick loop road business park and pop round to in and out drive round the back

wash wax and leather a £5
mini valet £18 that wash, wax, leather, windows, hoover,
full valet including interior deep clean this is seats, carpets washed, then wash, treatment, hand wax, windows on the out side.
he also does machine mops, and even clay finishes to help remove the paint scratches and marks a bit of laning can leave behind out,

these are the fog prices but remeber when you turn up say dean sent you hell know by the frontera. doesnt matter how dirty as you can see by mine from yesterday
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby horses45 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:18 pm

im gonna take you up on that as i need my golf doing after jumping straight into it after the pit i forgot about my muddy boots :shock: till i looked in daylight :oops:

East Midland Area Rep

horses45
FOG BBQ Chef
FOG BBQ Chef

Postby AskDean on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:30 pm

when you come to get the tower ill drop you down and then he can ring us when it is finished as they take about 2 hours for doing a car with cloth seats as they gve them a proper good clean on a full valet so have to make sure you leave plenty of extra time if you want it done properly

and as you can see from the pics they have space for doing 4x4s with raised kurbing to allow access underneath easily
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby dacman on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:11 pm

Evening all.

Thanks to Dean for leading me round i really enjoyed it, and no i have never been off road before. It was a very quick hello to Rob and Ady as they drove past me. I took me camera but i was to busy hanging on to take any photos.

This morning the missis was like ' whats that mud up the front of the car?' i said 'dunno' and walked off lol. I did confess a bit later.

simon
dacman
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Vehicle Name: Big Bertha
Modifications: Vanilla air freshner

Postby AskDean on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:35 pm

show her the pics i put up of us at the top of the mountian and say well at least it is not as bad as that one :dance: :dance: :dance:

colley seems to think you had been off road i am sure he got the wrong simon

glad you had fun it was what sunday was all about hopefully next time you come there will be more people and you can just go off for a wonder
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby horses45 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:52 pm

well this is the 3rd time i have posted this so here goes these are the pub pics enjoy
then NASA said could i help finding the missing satalite and i said houston we have a problem its stuck in the goo as dean had splash down :butt:
after some heave heave heave halfway out
then pop as if by magic out it popped :wink: after an hour and a half
and here is the aftermath lol :wink:
and finally apart from the caption comp look for the post

East Midland Area Rep

horses45
FOG BBQ Chef
FOG BBQ Chef

Postby AskDean on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:31 pm

some great pics rob just hoping kiteflyer as she is now calling her self gaz eddys sis had the launcha dn impact on the video camera as that should fun to watch how to go from 0 - 40 - 0 in 20feet :dance: :dance: :dance:

got to admit though i may have taken my time putting that big old beast back together but she didnt miss a beat even when we dragging her out she sat with her nose in the mud and just perred blowwing bubbles at us mocking.

but one she was free she was more than happy to let the torqu fly shame no one got the dounoght when it clear the mud from the wheels. was rather impressed as the first 360 spin was in 4wd not 2wd as the second which is why it was a lot wider circle till all four tires broke fre and spun it nearly on the spot

drifitng a 3 tonne truck is an art the flat bit was designed for he he he

bring on next time. the wife says i am not allowed to go again as i broke the number plate i said i didnt brake it i just left it to confse the archelogists 2000 years from now when they find it next to some other junk in the middle of a rock :dance: :dance:
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby AskDean on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:33 pm

just had a look at them picks the front defintely sank a good foot while we was sat there looking at the pic of me in the front when we landed :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

PreviousNext

Return to Midlands events