// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Avon Dassett Oct 28th/29th

Avon Dassett Oct 28th/29th

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Postby Turbochops on Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:42 pm

Apache-Andy wrote:That was fun :D Piccies and video links will be up in a bit :)

For a 1st timer, i actulay found it Avon Dasset to be quite scary. To make the most of this site you definatly need a car you dont care about getting damaged, a set of mud tyres and a suspension lift.

The slopes are very steep and there is only a few areas a 'otherwise standard' 4x4 can use without risking damage. I myself got well and truely stuck going up a slope ending up with minor damage to the front wing as the car slid sidewise into a mud bank. Had to have some kind chap rescue me with a winch on his range rover. Apart from that I had a good time and it was nice meeting Andy, although he could could proberly tell i had never done anything like this before seeing the look of worry on my face after i planted it.

Thanks for the help mate, would of been even more worried if it wasent your advice. Any way allready got the car booked into the bodyshop to have that wing rolled out, and useing it as an excuse to have the slight rust appearing on the bonnet lip taken out.

Heres some pics

TC

THE GREEN MACHINE 2.2 16V B Series RS Sport
Turbochops
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Region: International

Postby Red Oktober on Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:50 pm

Glad you enjoyed yourselves out there

hope the "minor damage" isn't too bad
oh your piccys are good
Red Oktober
Retired

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Region: South West

Postby Apache-Andy on Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:58 pm

that near vertical slope behind us - Rangey's and SJ's were screaming up that in 2Lo ! :shock: They were nearly taking off at the top mind you...
Apache-Andy
frontera God
frontera God

Postby Turbochops on Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:39 pm

That slope was mental. I wud love to buy something and have a go, but not in the fronty.

Carl the damage is very minor, i dont know if you can see on the last pic i posted but the bumper is slighty pushed back into the wing.
THE GREEN MACHINE 2.2 16V B Series RS Sport
Turbochops
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Region: International

Postby Apache-Andy on Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:45 pm

muddies and a 2 inch lift mate - you'll be sorted ;)

videos now uploading :D
Apache-Andy
frontera God
frontera God

Postby **ROB** on Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:07 pm

Turbochops wrote:
Apache-Andy wrote:That was fun :D Piccies and video links will be up in a bit :)

For a 1st timer, i actulay found it Avon Dasset to be quite scary. To make the most of this site you definatly need a car you dont care about getting damaged, a set of mud tyres and a suspension lift.

The slopes are very steep and there is only a few areas a 'otherwise standard' 4x4 can use without risking damage. I myself got well and truely stuck going up a slope ending up with minor damage to the front wing as the car slid sidewise into a mud bank. Had to have some kind chap rescue me with a winch on his range rover. Apart from that I had a good time and it was nice meeting Andy, although he could could proberly tell i had never done anything like this before seeing the look of worry on my face after i planted it.

Thanks for the help mate, would of been even more worried if it wasent your advice. Any way allready got the car booked into the bodyshop to have that wing rolled out, and useing it as an excuse to have the slight rust appearing on the bonnet lip taken out.

Heres some pics

TC
well sounds like this one i cant do after my latest mishap :lol: :lol: wont try steep hills again
**ROB**
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Registration Year: 1993/K
Vehicle Name: THE HULK
Modifications: 3.1TD CITATION TROOPER
Standard apart from BF Goodrich A/T's
Region: North West

Postby Apache-Andy on Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:16 pm

Videos are done, linked from my main page here : http://www.warp-core.com

video 1 : http://www.warp-core.com/videos/AvonDasset2-1.wmv

video 2 : http://www.warp-core.com/videos/AvonDasset2-2.wmv

Hope that works :)
Apache-Andy
frontera God
frontera God

Postby Apache-Andy on Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:17 pm

Apache-Andy
frontera God
frontera God

Postby **ROB** on Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:32 pm

now that was awesome!!! even the landy could'nt do it :lol: :lol: :lol: what sort of 4x4 was the red one?????
**ROB**
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby Apache-Andy on Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:37 pm

an old suzuki SJ. Dunno if you saw her, but the driver was a very fit 18 year old blonde fox. Could drive the ass of that car for sure :)
Apache-Andy
frontera God
frontera God

Postby **ROB** on Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:48 pm

Apache-Andy wrote:an old suzuki SJ. Dunno if you saw her, but the driver was a very fit 18 year old blonde fox. Could drive the ass of that car for sure :)

cool i bet that miffed you though!! :lol: :lol:
**ROB**
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby Red Oktober on Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:51 pm

....or was it just her ass you were lookin at :lol: :lol: :lol:
Red Oktober
Retired

Postby Apache-Andy on Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:00 pm

not really miffed, I know they are hugely capable :) I woulda been miffed if that landy got up tho :D end of the day I can drive my Fronty home - the SJ has to arrive and go home on a trailer. As its a dedicated beaten up off-roader, its not road legal, but it is great at what its meant for.

ooh, forgot to add i suffered some damage too - my centre section exhaust joint is slightly pulled apart. Sounds like a TVR now tho :D
Apache-Andy
frontera God
frontera God

Postby Red Oktober on Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:13 pm

not too bad then
that site is quite well known for damageing vehicles tho
Red Oktober
Retired

Previous