// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Anyone living in scotland want a drumclog meet and greet

Anyone living in scotland want a drumclog meet and greet

From Carlisle the borders and North

Anyone living in scotland want a drumclog meet and greet

Postby drinksoptional on Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:45 am

I see we might possibly have a meet coming up at Drumclog in october as i am new to offroading and i think there are a few other scottish folk here that are new to offroading too i was wondering if any members in scotland would be intrested in getting together and do a wee drive up to the drumclog site and check out the battlefield for us newbies and to show off for the vetrans . Call it a chance to meet and greet. and get to know the course and each other before the main meeting. I know some of the member know each other. I do not know one thing about off roading other than what i have seen on telly and need to invest in a course or summit. . There might be already meets going on and as a newbie i just do not know and if there is. if so can i join in? it does not have to be offroading and if it is im happy to come along in my standard fronty and watch and learn . i won`t be doing any offroading or mods till after my mot at start of july. I have only had the fronty a month so first MoT always the killer on an unfamilar car gotta save money. I am based just out side glasgow in cambuslang, i know there are member`s that are a few mile`s from here so willing to travel or meet half way and up for regular meets if there is any. There are other`s that are a good distance from here and each other so maybe doing a meet thats more neutral for every one i do not know im just putting out a feeler

if i have broke a rule by doing this or stepped on someone`s toes i apologise this is not my intention i just would like to get to meet and greet other members
stuart.
1989 Isuzu Trooper 2.6 (3.1 conversion )
1990 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus Edition Hi roof 2.8td
1998 Vauxhall Omega Estate Elite 3.0 v6
drinksoptional
Its My Avatar Get Your Own

Region: Scotland

Re: Anyone living in scotland want a drumclog meet and greet

Postby vaux_2 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:55 pm

I'm just in the process of sorting out the lift to mine but after that i'll be up for all meets possible :mrgreen: Things seem to have been a bit quiet in here recently but i'm sure if a few voices get going something'll get arranged.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
vaux_2
frontera God
frontera God

Model: 2.2 DTi 16v RS Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 2001/X
Modifications: ~
~
Calmini +3" lift c/w new trailing arms & upper control arms
+1.5" Bodylift
~
tti TCB 880 CB with sirio Hi power antennae c/w speaker under the bonnet
~
285/75/16 Insa Turbo Special Tracks on black modular
~
Pipercross Viper Induction Kit
~
Airflow snorkel
~
Roof lights
~
HID Headlights with LED sidelights
~
Powerflow full St/st Exhaust System with st/st downpipe off manifold
~

Postby stu on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:09 pm

drinksoptional wrote:I see we might possibly have a meet coming up at Drumclog in october as i am new to offroading and i think there are a few other scottish folk here that are new to offroading too i was wondering if any members in scotland would be intrested in getting together and do a wee drive up to the drumclog site and check out the battlefield for us newbies and to show off for the vetrans . Call it a chance to meet and greet. and get to know the course and each other before the main meeting. I know some of the member know each other. I do not know one thing about off roading other than what i have seen on telly and need to invest in a course or summit. . There might be already meets going on and as a newbie i just do not know and if there is. if so can i join in? it does not have to be offroading and if it is im happy to come along in my standard fronty and watch and learn . i won`t be doing any offroading or mods till after my mot at start of july. I have only had the fronty a month so first MoT always the killer on an unfamilar car gotta save money. I am based just out side glasgow in cambuslang, i know there are member`s that are a few mile`s from here so willing to travel or meet half way and up for regular meets if there is any. There are other`s that are a good distance from here and each other so maybe doing a meet thats more neutral for every one i do not know im just putting out a feeler

if i have broke a rule by doing this or stepped on someone`s toes i apologise this is not my intention i just would like to get to meet and greet other members
stuart.

il be passing through camby on sunday if you want a wee chat . :D
out of retirement and out of my head
stu
Retired

Region: International

Postby jockmitch on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:46 pm

wee meet and greet could be good :D

all depending on where as im busy alot of weekends going to shows with my v6
jockmitch
4WD
4WD

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1998/S
Vehicle Name: Dont know yet
Modifications: Standard as far as i know

Postby *marc* on Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:12 pm

im well up for this as its near where I stay ..... please keep me posted if its going ahead :)
*marc*
2WD
2WD

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Modifications: few suspension mods, generally making it a bit taller!

looking for some 31" mud tyres

Postby drinksoptional on Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:33 am

Thats three that makes a crowd
drinksoptional

Postby drinksoptional on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 pm

The fronty still on jacks waiting on brake pipe and fuel pipe to be repaired and the hole in sill to be welded. Then hopefully the guy at the MOT station be in good mood when i get it put through again despite it been of a fornight since the test. Once i get it tested i shall be buying three new AT tyres and a tank of petrol and off to drumclog ( I hope )
drinksoptional

Postby drinksoptional on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:39 pm

This thread died aswell
drinksoptional

Postby Spike on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:17 pm

Just shows the interest in offroading in Scotland, or maybe it is just the amount in Scotland that use Frontera's, maybe thats why the 2 I have wont sell up here, think I will stick them on the back of a truck and take them down to a Car Auction in England........
Spike
Senior Frontera Engineer
Senior Frontera Engineer

Model: 2.2 DTi 16v RS Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1999/V
Modifications: 2" + Landrover Springs on rear.. 2" lift on Front.
235/75 x 15" Recip Tyres all round 80% mud, 20% Road
Light bar on roof, 4 front facing spots, Wired to come on via full beam via switch 2 rear facing wired through reversing lights, via a switch.

Postby FronteraGirl on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:22 pm

The trouble I have found with organising events up here, is that everyone is so spread out. From my first week on the board, I think I can recall seeing members from Aberdeen city and shire, Glasgow, Ayr and one in Perthshire. Tis difficult to get us all together plus of course, eveyone has other hobbies and work etc. Tis never gonna be easy but we could try!
FronteraGirl
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/T
Modifications: No mods, just a need a mud and snow busting machine cos I live a wee bit off road in the NE of Scotland.

Postby drinksoptional on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:28 pm

I believe this was attempted a long time ago i was told by an ex memember, Off roading is very popular up here there is a few clubs the difference here is its illegal to go offroading except on a special course or private landowners permission
drinksoptional

Return to Scotland Events