// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - replacement body panels

replacement body panels

banter general discussions etc

replacement body panels

Postby skidlid on Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:48 pm

Hi Guys, I am trying to find a supplier for new body panels, n/s sill and lower quarter panel for 1999 2.2dti sport 3 door. has anyone got any contacts, Ebay is doing my head in and searching on the internet keeps taking me to companies that just do service parts. any help would be appreciated.
skidlid
4WD
4WD

Region: Southern England

Re: replacement body panels

Postby aredee on Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:13 pm

I had no luck trying to get bits for my 1999 model it seems that vauxhall wouldn't allow any non genuine panels so bits only available from them or breakers
aredee
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/T
Vehicle Name: Bubbles
Region: Southern England

Re: replacement body panels

Postby gregster on Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:21 am

There isnt any available sadly, just cut, fab and plate sadly...I have repaired rear quarter damage on swb B's before, using B long wheel base rear doors to cut a repair panel out of as they share the same fat flare on them, but I think that might be for damage further up the panel. Sill sections are pretty easy to make up, and if the tin worm has crept further up the panel from the sill area, simply cutting the rot and plating it behind the original skin will work, leaving you a lower area to then make good and shape prior to paint with body filler.
I have a really tidy swb B series dti that I breaking at the moment, if you post some pics of your area of problems, I will have a look and see if cutting that area out of this car will be any help to you. Some times trying to let a chunk of "other car" into something, just complicates things further and makes the repair more difficult to effect, but sometimes it can work well.
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery