// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - 2.2DTI Frontera B heater matrix step by step

2.2DTI Frontera B heater matrix step by step

banter general discussions etc

2.2DTI Frontera B heater matrix step by step

Postby geordielad880 on Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:37 am

Hi, im new to this forum, I bought my first frontera just after Christmas, and have already spent quite alot of money thus far, new brakes front to back including brake lines, new oil cooler, new clutch, new fuel lines, and now I have a leaking heater matrix :( I took the passenger carpets out yesterday and I can see the red coolant leaking from the matrix enclosure.

I was wondering if anyone has a step by step guide to changing the matrix? I can see its a dash out job, does anyone have any tips? Im reasonably competent, im no mechanic, but can do most things with a little guidance.

My car is the 2.2DTi frontera B Y22DTH engine, on a 2003 plate

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance!
geordielad880
mud splasher
mud splasher

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2003/03
Modifications: 12v Feed in boot, rear and front camera system fitted to front and rear bumpers,
Region: North East

Re: 2.2DTI Frontera B heater matrix step by step

Postby fogman on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:59 pm

WHY AINT I GOT AN ALL SINGING & ALL DANCING SIGNATURE LIKE BOXY & DRIFTY ?

fogman
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Region: East Anglia

Postby geordielad880 on Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:51 pm

I had a look at the link you give me, and had a look this morning at what was involved, and it would have been so aqward trying to do it that way, I decided it would have been easier to just take the dashboard out, left the steering wheel and front seats in, I disconnected the air con aswell, so that needs regassed now, it only took 5.5 hours from start to finish, and that included tea and tab breaks lol, I took pictures as I went on, I will upload a step by step with pictures of how I done it, when I get some spare time, The only fiddly bit I found was removing the heater matrix enclosure, apart from that everything was pretty straight forward, Im no mechanic and I managed, I nearly put myself doing it after seeing some of the pictures others had posted, looks alot worse to do than it is
geordielad880
mud splasher
mud splasher

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2003/03
Modifications: 12v Feed in boot, rear and front camera system fitted to front and rear bumpers,
Region: North East

Postby gregster on Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:54 am

Well done....Dash removal to do the matrix isnt too bad, there is nothing too spiteful, just a fair amount of dismantling to do. Cordless screwdriver, a 10 and 12mm will pretty much do everything.
The mistake I think most folk make is to try and undo the bare minimum, and fight it, when ultimately they end up have to remove most of it anyway..better just to steam in and undo everything you can see sooner than trying to short cut it. We have dash removal down to about 20 mins now! but have done a few, and never put them back together! LOL
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery