// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Isuzu Trooper 3 litre diesel recall heads up

Isuzu Trooper 3 litre diesel recall heads up

banter general discussions etc

Isuzu Trooper 3 litre diesel recall heads up

Postby Retro Pedro on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:53 pm

Got into a bit of a talk with some of the fellas at the last weekender about Isuzu VehiCross and newer Trooper running gear. Like what I heard regarding the sensor controlled 4WD system which apparently also comes into play on some of the Troopers. Also got talking about the problems with the newer 3 litre diesel engine injector seals that allow diesel to mix with the oil and detrimental results thereof. As I like diesel engines I got to thinking that perhaps when the 2.8 SWB A needs to be replaced a 3 litre Trooper with the 4WD VehiCross system would be high on the shopping list. So when I was up my local main Ford/Isuzu stealers today thought I'd ask the question regarding the 3 litre Trooper recall. They got the main man out to talk to me about the recall and his advice to me was that if it was his money, he wouldn't touch an unrecalled 3 litre Trooper with a barge pole. Even some that have be recalled have developed other issues (didn't go into depth with detail).
Basically, the problem stemmed from the Japanese manufacturer of the original injectors. This company went bust a while back which resulted in Isuzu buying the tooling gear and set up another manufacturing plant to supply replacement injectors. In turn, unfortunately the latter plant was wiped out in the tsunami with the nett result replacement injectors for the problematical 3 litre engine are virtually impossible to get hold of. The fella also said that the recall was implemented 7 years ago and that Isuzu now question as to why the fault hadn't developed earlier in unrecalled cars life.
Suppose the answer would be to actually pin point the dates when the problem motors where actually made.
Retro Pedro
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Grandads Tractor
Modifications: A few suspension modifications to assist with ground clearance and fitting of bigger tyres.
Region: South East

Return to General discussion