// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - found that noise,,,,,

found that noise,,,,,

banter general discussions etc

found that noise,,,,,

Postby king of the kitchen on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:52 pm

well had a grumbling coming from the front of the engine,,,suspected it was the belt tensioner,,dry,,,,so took the belt off noting how it came off
then removed the tensioner and just as i thought it was noisy,,,so took the outer dust shield off and the bearing was just dry,no real wear in it,,,so cleaned with WD40 and blew out with the air line,,,re greased and fitted the dust cover,,,,put back on the engine,,,then started to refit the serpentine belt as i had noted how it came off,,,,,NOT,,,,,could i find the right combination,,,could i bugger, :? ,,took me 20 mins to find the right way to fit it,,,,but i did,,,,and now the noise has gone,,, :D ,,
so did the oil change as well took the oil filter off and was going to get one from the local factors,,when i though,,,mmmm might have one of these,,,so went to my stock and i had a freelander oil filter that fitted,,,not sure if its the TD4 or 1.8 but it fits,,,,,,new oil and shes ready to go,,,,, :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If im not spannering on the fronty,,,,,,,im spannering on the 101,,or in the hammock,,now bugger of and leave me to it,,,,,
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
king of the kitchen
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: BITCH
Modifications: roof off;safisticated anti theft system,,CHAIN AND BFO LOCK,,,,mitsi wheels and bigger tyres,and stickers,,,
Region: International

Return to General discussion