// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Essex and Rochfrod District Off Road Club Site

Essex and Rochfrod District Off Road Club Site

Latest news on Frontera Owners Group events, meets, greelaning & offroad
Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Essex and Rochfrod District Off Road Club Site

Postby kirkynut on Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:40 pm

Hi there,

I'm new on here - see me Hello post under the New Members section.

Are there any Essex Members?

If so, why not pop down to my local general Off Road Club with a modded Frontera and show some of the Zuks and Green Ovals what a Fronty can do!

Have a look here http://www.4x4er.co.uk/home.html we meet on the 2nd Sunday of each month.

It's quite a challenging course and can cause some dents and scratches but is really quite fun and a bit more interesting than the usual open area with a big muddy hole in or some slopes to drive up and down.

We've had a couple of Frontera bodies on Range Rover Chassis in the club but not a Frontera proper.

Cheers

Kirkynut
I'm not a Frontera Owner - but I do think they're rather nice!

Member of Essex and Rochford District 4x4 Club

www.4x4er.co.uk
kirkynut
Sleeper

Re: Essex and Rochfrod District Off Road Club Site

Postby bobbinsjob on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:00 pm

I'm now in Witham so not too far but unfortunately as yet am frontyless, but will deffo pop down when i get a new truck
SIZE DOES MATTER!!
MEMBER 1728
1996 2.8 SWB called VIPER

Members Ride section for VIPER

Comments on VIPER here

GET YOUR CARTOON CAR HERE
bobbinsjob
Rev Limit Finder
Rev Limit Finder

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: Viper
Modifications: Deep offset Steel modular wheels with 32/11.5/15 Kuhmo KL71 mud tyres
+2" Plasma body lift
Flipped ball-joints
+2" spring spacers
Custom built roof rack
Light bar
Modified Navara tubular rear bumper
Mental cammo paint job
Region: South East

Re: Essex and Rochford District Off Road Club Site

Postby BadBoy on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:55 pm

I went there in 2009 and you have a great site. Unfortunately my Fronty was stock at the time (just muddies if I remember), plus the site was very wet so I mainly stuck to the trials/novice area, but I did try one of the runs which gave me my first non-intended mod (bent side steps). There were a couple of humps one after the other in the woods and I grounded out on them and cross axle'd too :roll: . Found another little run which I also had fun on. Nice thick wet mud. :D Had a great day though, good crowd that made me feel welcome. Might pop down on the December meet if I can find a few spare hours.

Photo here of my original stock Fronty on the training course at Rochford :dance:

Traffic lights in London are just rough guidelines
BadBoy
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Modifications: Looks a bit like a Kia Sorento 2.5CRDi Titian remapped for 265bhp!
Region: South East

Re: Essex and Rochfrod District Off Road Club Site

Postby kirkynut on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:40 pm

Please do pop down in December. I'll likely not be there as I am working that day unless I can get some annual leave but the rest of the guys will offer you a warm welcome I'm sure.

It will always get wet over there in the winter but we have not long improved drainage with a new big pipe that drains out to the ditch on the edge of the farmers field which has improved things no end.

A standard Fronty would still have a little difficulty getting round a large part of the course and side steps will always get damaged on our course but I think there is still enough to entertain you for the most part of the day and the club members are a good bunch who'll show you what's what and help out etc.

Witham's not far - we have club members that travel from there and South Woodham Ferrers. You could both meet up at the course and start a Fronty Massive!!!

Rob
I'm not a Frontera Owner - but I do think they're rather nice!

Member of Essex and Rochford District 4x4 Club

www.4x4er.co.uk
kirkynut
Sleeper

Return to Offroad Events and Meetings