// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - A TYRO/RTV Challenge Weekend

A TYRO/RTV Challenge Weekend

Latest news on Frontera Owners Group events, meets, greelaning & offroad
Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

A TYRO/RTV Challenge Weekend

Postby Trugga on Wed May 12, 2010 7:35 pm

Futher to our discussions in this thread, I am pleased to post the following:

Ratlinghope 2010

SHROPSHIRE OFF ROAD CLUB OPEN INVITE TO ALL MSA/ALRC CLUBS

The Event

The venue will be

Brow Farm (Next to the Church in Ratlinghope)
Ratlinghope
Shrewsbury
SY5 0SR

SO402968
X340300 Y296800
Lat52:57:65N Long2:87:59W

On the weekend of Friday 27th to 30th of August 2010.

Saturday afternoon Tyro/Run Wot Ya Brung plus Two days of RTV and CCV trials on Sunday 29th and Monday 30th August 2010.

Caravan and Camping available from Friday nigh until Monday night, toilet facilities are available.

The venue is an organised site so people are welcome to arrive earlier and stay longer to fully appreciate the Long Mynd hills.

The Ratlinghope Olympic Games will be organised for Saturday Evening with prizes and communal camp fires will be organised.

A Tyro / Run Wot Ya Brung will be organised starting at approx 1.00 O’clock on Saturday 28th August 2010.

The Club Competition

All clubs enter as many members as possible each day in both RTV and CCV vehicles. The only classes are RTV or CCV no other classes apply.

Results will be based on the average club score based on the total club points divided by the number of club members finishing.

Any one club will need a minimum of 3 entrants to qualify

Retirements will be excluded

Setting Out RTV and CCV Sections
All clubs are welcome to provide assistance in setting out. We are happy if help is given setting out RTV and entering CCV or visa versa. Please contact Mike Slater/John Grice to offer your assistance. Setting out will be done on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning (hopefully).

Also marshals over the weekend are very welcome. £5.00 will be awarded to 3no Marshals (names will be drawn out of a hat)

The Individual Competition
Individual results will be based on SORC classes, trophies and certificates will be awarded as usual. To qualify entrants must enter the two days. All are welcome to drive both days or single days, single days contribute towards the team event but not individual results.

SORC league results will be done as normal

Again we will set out 8 to 10 sections per day for both RTV and CCV and a minimum of 6 Tyro sections.

TROPHIES
THE CLUB WITH THE LOWEST AVERAGE SCORE FOR ALL ENTRANTS WINS THE OVERALL TROPHY (TO BE AN ANNUALLY AWARDED TROPHEY)

ALSO TROPHIES WILL BE AWARDED FOR
FIRST IN CLASS, 1 TO 7 (TO KEEP)
OVERALL WINNER OVER TWO DAYS FOR RTV (ANNUAL)
OVERALL WINNER OVER TWO DAYS FOR CCV (ANNUAL)

1. All entrants shall be members of an MSA club. (membership Cards to be shown at signing on)
  2. All vehicles and competitors shall be compliant with the regulations described within the current MSA Competitors yearbook.
  3. Entries will be taken on the day of competition.
  4. The competitions will open at 10.00 hrs.
  5. Scrutineering will open from Saturday evening and Sunday morning prior to the event starting.
  6. Each day the course will normally consist of 8 to 10 trials sections of 13 gates each. Gate 13 is a start gate only, once the vehicle has started from gate 13 it is on section and all further gates are live.
  7. The competitions shall close at 18.00. This may take place earlier if all entrants have completed attempts at all sections.
  8. Penalty points shall be awarded by a marshal to each entrant dependant on how far each section is completed.
  9. Each entrant shall attempt each section once (unless the vehicle is unable to attempt the section due to damage) and in an order of rotation decided by the Clerk of Course. Entrants must present themselves at the start of sections in their nominated order as soon as the previous entrant starts the section.
  10. Repairs to vehicles are allowed for as long as the rest of the entrants in the allocated group take to complete the next section. Repairs taking longer than this will be awarded 12 penalty points for each section not attempted in time. Entrants must return to the designated running order as soon as the organisers can accommodate them.
  11. If the event has to be cancelled after it has started, for whatever reason, the results shall be decided at a point where all entrants have completed the same number of attempts at the course.
  12. If a competitor is stopped on a section by an official for safety reasons, they will be given the opportunity to attempt the section again. This may only take place at the discretion of the Clerk of Course. If they opt to attempt the section again the score on this attempt shall be the one counted for the results irrespective of where the competitor is stopped.
  13. There shall be a minimum allowed vehicle wheelbase of 76”.
  14. Vehicles over 95” wheelbase with standard production bodywork will be allowed one shunt per section.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The email I recieved that accompanied the above also mentioned the following:

We have a bank holiday event at the end of the month at Broseley offering camping and a RTV trial on the Sunday CCV on the Monday

August bank holiday at Ratlinghope will also offer Tyro on the Saturday, RTV/CCV trials on the Sunday and Monday, again camping and social events available.

Other dates offer Tyro/RTV events, they are all detailed on our web pages, we run Tyro events so drivers as young as 14 can drive under supervision, our RTV events should be set out as non damaging events although this is sometimes very difficult with some of our sites when it is wooded etc we do our best to keep the from damaging road vehicles.

So, how about us FOG members entering the TYRO on the Saturday afternoon and those wanting a little more (and the opportunity to show other marks up (or not as the case may be) enter a team on the Sunday's RTV ?

Lawrence
SORC Member
Trugga
Da Prof!
Da Prof!

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1994/L
Vehicle Name: Little Blue Bug
Modifications: # ARB Winch bumper
# Wireless operated Warn Winch
# Jackable rockslider sills
# Safety Devices roll cage
# Roof level tree bars
# Roof mounted waffle boards
# Underbody protection
# Smaller, higher fuel tank
# Buttock tuck with protectors
# Cobra Aqua4x4 competition seats
# 3-point harnesses
# Terratrip
# GTE digital dash
# Bonnet pins
# AVM manual front hubs
# FIA battery master switch
# Ally Chequerplate footwells
# De-Cat, straight thro' zorst
# 2" Lift, +2" Rough Country shocks
Region: Midlands

Re: A TYRO/RTV Challenge Weekend

Postby Trugga on Tue May 18, 2010 7:42 am

I'm a little dissapointed there has been no response to this, especially as 15 members selected "Oh yes, I definately want to have a go at this" in the poll in this thread.

I need to reply to SORC to thank them for their time in for arranging this and inviting us - would be a shame to let them know that no one wants to participate.

Lawrence
Trugga
Da Prof!
Da Prof!

# Roof level tree bars
# Underbody protection
# 3-point harnesses
# Terratrip
# GTE digital dash
# Bonnet pins
# AVM manual front hubs

Postby Road Hog on Tue May 18, 2010 9:00 am

Sorry bud,thought discussion was in THIS THREAD :oh yer:
Do you want this as a ... confimation list .. type of thread ?

Fairly sure Team Nobrains are still in will check with t`other `arf :wink: then start preping Thunderbum 1 :D
Road Hog
Forum Wino
Forum Wino

Region: International

Postby damrabbit on Tue May 18, 2010 6:15 pm

Didn't realise it would have been on a bank holiday so will have to check with the boss 1st befor confirming and then it may be just down for sunday as saturday is a work day
It was just an old worn out jeep
Rusty old floor boards
Hot on my feet

Drive-alan jackson
damrabbit
aka .. Dave the tree hugger
aka .. Dave the tree hugger

Modifications: AVM manual hubs,265/75 16 Kuhmo M/T's,removed side steps,removed bullbars,added pikey style snorkel,2" suspension lift (cheers Alex),custom roof rack ,Waffle Boards,Hi-Lift Jack,removed rear seats,12,000lb winch,aussie bumper fitted thanks to BRF,Birds nest removed,egr's removed,flappy paddle on exhaust removed (all thanks to A friend) LWB Lights conversion CB with AUX speaker
,32mm wheel spacers

1997 BMW 328i Touring(DEAD)
1993 gas guzzling monster ?

Postby Trugga on Tue May 18, 2010 7:29 pm

Bernie,

I thought I'd put a link to this thread from the other thread as the other was perhaps a gerneral disussion to guage interest, and this is an event that we (FOG) have been invited to.

Perhaps I should of not started this one and bundled the above first post into the first post - if you think it would make more sence that way, then I'll let you play with the edit function (or I'll post it and then you can delete this one)

Phil,

Yep, bank holiday weekend.

Lawrence
Trugga
Da Prof!
Da Prof!

# Roof level tree bars
# Underbody protection
# 3-point harnesses
# Terratrip
# GTE digital dash
# Bonnet pins
# AVM manual front hubs

Postby Road Hog on Tue May 18, 2010 8:01 pm

Worry not Lawrence,I locked the other thread & posted an explanation & redirect :wink: :D
Road Hog
Forum Wino
Forum Wino

Postby yaki on Tue May 18, 2010 10:27 pm

I can do the Sat Tyro, Sun and Mon are out though
Soon to be without a Frontera after 10 years of owning one :-(
yaki
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/P
Vehicle Name: Eric
Modifications: A few

Front Winch & Bumper
MR2 Seats
+4" Springs
+4" Rough Country Shocks
Calmini Front Arms
Trooper Front Axle
Front Aussie Locker
Rear Trooper Axle
Rear Aussie Locker
35mm Diff Drop
12mm Ball Joint Spacers
33" Tyres
80mm Body Lift
Extended Axle Breathers
Aisin Manual Hubs
Rear Recovery Bumper
Braided Brake Hoses
EGR System Removed
DeCat
Fuel Tank Lift
Front & Rear Anti-Roll bar removed
Roof Console
EGT/Boost Gauge and Inclinometer in Centre Console
Region: South Wales

Postby john boy on Wed May 19, 2010 6:42 am

Din't think it was a two day event thought it would be one day i can do the sunday i think but as it's a bank holiday weekend and i'm off that week might be going away. i'll have to get to back to you on that one in a couple of days.
It might be slow but i can go anywhere!
john boy
Ned Flanders
Ned Flanders

Registration Year: 1995/M
Modifications: cb radio "no longer deaf"
12,000lb winch
khumo kl71's
waffle boards
bump stops modified
ball joints flipped
2"+ springs and weaves spacers 3"
bars adjusted to suit

Postby country_Est on Thu May 20, 2010 5:13 pm

Sorry cant do the Bank Hols as am away in Greece.

Trev
2000 Frontera 2.2 DTi Ltd
country_Est
frontera God
frontera God

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/X
Vehicle Name: panserbjørne
Modifications: 1.5" Body Lift, Trooper 3.1 Rear Coils, ES9000 Shocks+2" , 2" Torsion bar windup,
Maxxis Buckshot M/T 265/76/16, Roof Lights front & rear, Waffle Boards, Tow Bar, Snorkle and wading cutout switch, Underbody Armour, Bull Bar with spots, CB, handsfree Phone kit, fridge & PC MM Navigation.
Region: Southern England

Postby bobbinsjob on Fri May 21, 2010 8:24 pm

Sorry Lawrence, I am on nights all that weekend and running out of holidays allready :roll:
SIZE DOES MATTER!!
MEMBER 1728
1996 2.8 SWB called VIPER

Members Ride section for VIPER

Comments on VIPER here

GET YOUR CARTOON CAR HERE
bobbinsjob
Rev Limit Finder
Rev Limit Finder

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: Viper
Modifications: Deep offset Steel modular wheels with 32/11.5/15 Kuhmo KL71 mud tyres
+2" Plasma body lift
Flipped ball-joints
+2" spring spacers
Custom built roof rack
Light bar
Modified Navara tubular rear bumper
Mental cammo paint job
Region: South East

Return to Offroad Events and Meetings