// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Whaddon 4x4 pay and play this sunday (8/3/09)

Whaddon 4x4 pay and play this sunday (8/3/09)

Latest news on Frontera Owners Group events, meets, greelaning & offroad
Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Whaddon 4x4 pay and play this sunday (8/3/09)

Postby g4ryw4tson on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi,

If anybody is interested i will be returning to the above pay and play site this sunday as last time i went was fantastic. Basically Whaddon 4x4 is a 90 acre pay and play site on the outskirts of Milton Keynes. There is a burger van on site but avoid the toilets!! Whaddon charges £20 for the run of the hilly open fields where you can choose to follow (or get stuck in) the ruts or just do what you like. I got completely stuck about four times but every time there were more than enough people willing and happy to pull me out. There is also 2 jetwashes on site when you have had enough. This site can be as challenging as you want it to be as there are some really tricky bits. Would be good if a few fronteras turned up on the day to break up the range rovers a bit!

Anybody interested?

http://www.whaddon4x4mx.co.uk

Gary
g4ryw4tson
mud splasher
mud splasher

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1993/L
Modifications: Marshal M/T 31/10.5/15 Tyres
Half inch lift on front + half inch gained from tyres
Removed side steps
Region: South East

Re: Whaddon 4x4 pay and play this sunday (8/3/09)

Postby calvin on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:08 am

hi gary that sounds like fun to me.but is the course hard because i havn't done it before.
calvin
4WD
4WD

Postby g4ryw4tson on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:04 am

Hi Calvin,

Its not really a course as such although there are tracks you can follow. Basically you can choose where you go. This will be the 3rd time i have been off road (2nd time to Whaddon). The site is not really too rough as there were mostly road legal 4x4s up there including me. The place is soo big you can just avoid the really tricky bits. Best thing to do is have a look on youtube to get an idea of what its like. What tyres do you have btw?

Gary
g4ryw4tson
mud splasher
mud splasher

Removed side steps

Postby calvin on Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:02 pm

hi gary

i only have road going tyres at the moment.would it be fine to bring my 13 year son with me or dont they let kids go.
what time will you be there. :)

regards Calvin
calvin
4WD
4WD

Postby g4ryw4tson on Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:43 pm

Hi,

I should be there for 10am ish. There were a few kids there last time although if i am honest you wont get far on road tyres. I got stuck 3/4 times with brand new mud tyres! I can always pull you out when you get stuck tho. Make sur you bring wellies tho as the mud comes up to your knees in places!

I bet after going up there once you will start looking at suspension lifts and chunky tyres!

Best Regards

Gary
g4ryw4tson
mud splasher
mud splasher

Removed side steps

Postby g4ryw4tson on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:39 pm

Hi,

Just thought i would see if any more people are coming tomorrow?

Gary
g4ryw4tson
mud splasher
mud splasher

Removed side steps

Postby BadBoy on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:35 pm

Hi Gary,
If I'd be interested in this as well.
Never been pay & play b4, but have the kit onboard to cope with it, but it's a bit of trek for me. I was considering Essex 4x4 site in Southend on Sea but that appears to be for the more advanced users.
Having looked it up on multimap's birds eye view & you tube clips I recon this is a good one for 1st timers.

If your def still going, then I'll change direction and head up there instead if it's ok to meet up
Traffic lights in London are just rough guidelines
BadBoy
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Modifications: Looks a bit like a Kia Sorento 2.5CRDi Titian remapped for 265bhp!

Postby BadBoy on Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:02 pm

p8ush wrote:If your def still going, then I'll change direction and head up there instead if it's ok to meet up

Sorry, gonna have to count me out this time. GF just remined me shopping is being delivered in the afternoon and is a 2hour drive back. Would still be interested if your doing it again :i want a 2.8:
Traffic lights in London are just rough guidelines
BadBoy
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Modifications: Looks a bit like a Kia Sorento 2.5CRDi Titian remapped for 265bhp!

Postby calvin on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:36 pm

hi gary

im not shore if im going to make it i cut my hand on a grinder today. :( if it is o.k in the morning then i will be there. If i dont make it this time can you let me now when you go next.im now looking for same wheels and some off road tyres.

regards Calvin
calvin
4WD
4WD

Return to Offroad Events and Meetings