Modifications: 12v feed in boot
Truckputer under construction
Front & rear recovery points
De side stepped
Region: East Anglia

Re: Annual 2016 Review Thread

Postby snapper on Mon May 02, 2016 7:34 pm

All in all, a good weekend.

The laning, while bumpy enough at times to sort out any loose fillings and even shake the bolts loose on a 2.8 was enjoyable and there was some crackingly good scenery too! Even the bobble hats were smiling!

Memo to all, beware of dodgy looking characters carrying jump leads in supermarket carparks... At that point I will shut up, I'm sure someone else will expand further!

Talking of bobble hats, I think we may have some undercover bobblies in the group. Thing is we parked up and the nutters went trotting up some track (now banned to vehicles) to stand on a cliff top and take pictures ffs... I think next years Annual should be held in Devon, on Dartmoor at the same time as Ten Tors, they can then go and do the up-hill, down-hill thing on the 55 mile course and get some stunning pictures from the top of the tors while the more sane of us do a few lanes and check out the local hostelries.... :wink:

Campsite, what with that slope and the water soaked turf the campsite was 'interesting' to say the least. I'm still cleaning the mud off carpets in the van! Not so sure that parking the vans at the lower end of the slope was the best idea of the weekend but that was where the landlord wanted them and it's his field so hey-ho.... Out of interest, did anyone get bogged in dragging the caravan up the incline and then out the field?

Surprisingly, while everyone was out bashing the lanes on the Sunday we managed to get ours moving easy enough with low ratio, bottom gear and little to zero revs. I'd put the wheel chock things out when I parked it up so was able to just push back onto those to get a bit of a forward moment on the van. The problem came when we got up on the level part and then lined up for the gate and the ****** van and truck promptly sank in the mud! At one stage I was worried that the field would be taking a right chewing to get the truck and van moving but it slowly moved in the right direction without too much damage.

The pub attached to the campsite (or was it the other way round?) was err different... Well the 'music' evening definitely was! We were going to do lunch in there on the Sunday before leaving, but the place was all locked up even though they were advertising food all day on the sign outside. The line of Bobblies sat on the wall opposite in the cold, windy rain looked even more happy than normal... More so when the nominated pub door checker made the dash across the road to try the door (again) followed by the dejected walk of failure back to his group... Hopefully we helped the moral side a bit sat in the warm truck in the carpark, I did open the window a bit as it was getting too warm in the truck and I thought the excess heat would help warm the place up... Somehow I don't think it did though..

So to sum it up, cracking time. Well done and many thanks to the organisers, and it was nice to see folks again.

PS at no time did I mention draw tickets..... :shh:
This posting may have been helpfull, on the other hand probably not... Either way, I may have had drink when posting it in which case it's probably not as helpfull as it could have been

Work safe, and remember all technical problems can be resolved with a hammer, the trick is knowing where to hit it and how big a hammer to use (I often find it may also help to have a spare bit in the shed to replace the bit you have just mullered ;) )

Work in Progress (or not as the case may be) I give you.... 'O-no' the truck.

Comments on 'O-no' the truck may be left here

Work in Progress (or not as the case may be) I give you.... 'Truck'

Comments on 'Truck' the truck may be left here

Owning a 2.8 is a hobby in it's self...
snapper
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Truck and O-no
Modifications: -
2.8 TD LWB - Truck:
Side Steps Removed
EGR, Birds Nest & Both Butterfly Valves Removed
Particulate Filter removed and pipe welded in
Safari Snorkel fitted
Trooper Flywheel & Clutch fitted
Trooper LSD Rear Axle fitted
Winch Bumper & Winch fitted
3.1 Engine Fitted
2" Suspension Lift

2.8 TD LWB - O-no:
Standard, for now.

2.5 Volvo 850 Saloon:
Standard

Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (185bhp)
Standard
Region: South East

Postby furio on Mon May 02, 2016 8:29 pm

Cracking weekend away, a decent break away from the daily grind just what the doctor ordered.Amazing how a few hours in the hills in good company can put you right. Good to meet MrPete who came up on his motorbike, and who rode shotgun in my truck all weekend and proved to be great company.

The camp site although wet and muddy was right up in the hills and it was nice to crawl out of the bivvy in the morning with a view of wildboarclough.The views more than made up for a little mud.

Two cracking days laning with only a little drama on the first day with a minor breakdown.Luckily we were relatively close to Milners who sorted out a part for us and left it somewhere safe so the lads could pick it up (just got the order placed before they closed).Top effort on Milner's service. After a quick pit stop down the pub while the repair was undertaken we were soon back on the lanes and headed across in the direction of Sheffield and as Snapper says stopped for a quick march up Stanage lol!!! Provided a nice interlude to the laning and was a chance to stretch our legs. Just a shame it is now closed to vehicles.

Back to the camp site and a welcome bbq followed by a chance to meet the locals in the pub which was err eye opening. :wtf:

A quick breakfast on the Sunday and back on the lanes which helped to wake us all up. This time we stayed relatively local and took in some nice trails round Buxton and Bakewell finishing with the legendary climb up Monsal much to the amazement of a couple of walkers who watched on in awe as we passed and waved to us cheerfully. Really hope the PDNP don't get their way and tro it. Sadly had to say farewell at this point and headed for home. Being relatively local I was home in time for tea despite a kamikaze sheep throwing itself at my truck on the cat and fiddle. Luckily we both lived to tell the tale. Surprisingly this one wasn't wearing a bucket on its head :lol:

All in all a cracking weekend with a great bunch of people, I hope you all got home safe and sound with no dramas.Sadly no pics of any worth from me but Pete took loads from the passenger seat so will let him post these up.

Take it steady guys see you soon. :wink:
Someone mention laning? Just tell me when and where!
furio
GURU
GURU

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1998/R
Modifications: Marix Puma MT's
CB
Manual Cooling Fan Switch
Snorkel
Old Man Emu Suspension lift
Roof lights
Raised Axle Breathers
Region: North Wales

Postby stretch on Mon May 02, 2016 8:39 pm

snapper wrote:PS at no time did I mention draw tickets..... :shh:

I thought you mentioned it to everyone :lol: i've found them now but don't worry you can be in charge of supplying them next year.
stretch
Rain cloud of doom
Rain cloud of doom

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: F.I.T.T
De side stepped

Postby RatCav on Tue May 03, 2016 4:21 pm

ImageImage

My members ride For Banshee the Trooper : viewtopic.php?f=46&t=34626

My members ride for Leeloo the Lotus Edition viewtopic.php?f=46&t=60154

Deceased

My members ride for Brenda the Bighorn : viewtopic.php?f=46&t=54771
RatCav
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Vehicle Name: Banshee
Modifications: Its a Frontera that is heavily disguised as a Mk.1 LWB Isuzu Bighorn 2.8TD Lotus Edition.
Hi-roof modification.
EGR valves and birds nest of vacuum pipes removed.
Front Manual Locking Hubs.
Rear Limited Slip Differential.
Yota Surf steels, with custom paintjob. (cheers Gregster)
33x12.5" R15 General Grabber AT 2's.
+2" suspension lift.
+3" body lift.
Cat 1 Thatcham approved alarm.
Irmscher wheel arch flares.
Full body restoration/respray. (cheers Gregster again!)
Region: North West

Postby Andytats Boss on Tue May 03, 2016 9:30 pm

Had a really great weekend with you lot as ever, pitched up on Friday in relative sunshine and within an hour it was a raging blizzard and although it was freezing cold and soaking wet it didn't put a damper on the weekend, the views round there are stunning and the lanes are really impressive...
We had an impromptu climb up stanage edge that even George took part in (even if he was in his pushchair) which was really nice even if a few of us older ones felt the burn a little bit lol...
A couple of nice pub lunches a clutch slave cylinder change in the co-op car park and an exhaust held together with an empty soup tin,,a few scary moments including the fact that Andy is scared that he wasn't scared...a murder cottage, and of course Eric the sheep.... it was a really great weekend with some great friends and I can't wait to do it again
Andytats Boss
Apprentice Frontera engineer
Apprentice Frontera engineer

Registration Year: 1997/R
Vehicle Name: The pod
Modifications: It's a sleeper pod lol

Postby mudman1988 on Tue May 03, 2016 11:06 pm

What a amazing weekend with some of the best people, anyone get any videos of the lanes?
mudman1988
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: Victor
Modifications: 2" spring lift with full dislocation on the rear
Quick disconnect kit for front anti roll bar
mud tyres (31/10.50/15 insa turbo super special tracks)
Light bar
Winch bumper and winch with in cab control
Ass tuck
Rear tow bumper
Cb
Side exit exhaust
Egr delete
Snorkel

Postby vauxsqueeks on Wed May 04, 2016 9:40 pm

Here's a short one..

Fronty B, 2002 3.2 V6

Now Gone
Fronty B, 2004 2.2 DTi Olympus (SD04) viewtopic.php?f=18&t=57397 -- Best DTH upgrade ever Tuning Box
Fronty B, 2001 2.2i SWB Limited (Y48 ) viewtopic.php?f=16&t=50727
Fronty B, 1999 2.2i LWB Limited (V924)
Fronty B, 1998 2.2i LWB Limited (T934) viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48369
Fronty A, 1995 2.4l LWB

"There are NO silly questions... Just expensive mistakes"
vauxsqueeks
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby stretch on Thu May 05, 2016 9:43 pm

Didn't get any video but got some timelapse.

Day 1

Day 2
stretch
Rain cloud of doom
Rain cloud of doom

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: F.I.T.T
De side stepped