// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Keyboard - data input timings

Keyboard - data input timings

Keyboard - data input timings

Postby Retro Pedro on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:11 am

I've got an old Fujitzu Siemens Amilo laptop (this one I'm using now) running XP and Intel Clereron M chip as a temporary working from home machine for work linked e-mails etc. It's fine as long as I'm patient with it. As I type it seems slightly slow in response time compared to the newer HP Windows 7 family lappy. Occasionally it hangs up and jumps back a couple of lines whilst typing messages. As said, workable as long as I'm patient and watch for it.
Are there any back ground set up settings that I can be looking into to make any adjustments?
The other thing is we have just upgraded to a Virgin 'White' box for our router. It replaced the 'Black' box as instructed by Virgin Media. Apparently, the 'White' box as a faster response time but who knows.
Bearing in mind the age of the older lappys that we are using, we occassionally get a message come up that we have lost our internet connection mid stream. Don't seem to get the same problem with the newer iPad or wifes iPhone 6 when connected. Again, is there a setting on the older lappies that we can look to adjust or is it purely that the lappies don't have the cache response time/strength to keep up with the newer router?
Retro Pedro
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Grandads Tractor
Modifications: A few suspension modifications to assist with ground clearance and fitting of bigger tyres.
Region: South East

Re: Keyboard - data input timings

Postby stretch on Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:01 pm

Click start/control panel/keyboard/ there's settings in there to choose key delay. Old hardware will most likely have wireless g band only which doesn't provide as good strength and speeds as latest protocols.
stretch
Rain cloud of doom
Rain cloud of doom

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: F.I.T.T
Modifications: 12v feed in boot
Truckputer under construction
Front & rear recovery points
De side stepped
Region: East Anglia

Re: Keyboard - data input timings

Postby Retro Pedro on Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:10 pm

Cheers Brian - the key responce rate was only 3/4 up the scale, pushed it to the fastest and it does seemed for have made a difference :thumbup:
Retro Pedro
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Grandads Tractor
Modifications: A few suspension modifications to assist with ground clearance and fitting of bigger tyres.
Region: South East

Return to PC & Technology discussion