// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Is there a refresh setting that can be altered?

Is there a refresh setting that can be altered?

Is there a refresh setting that can be altered?

Postby Retro Pedro on Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:03 am

Starting to get the hump with this Sony Viro lappy. OK, it's old (2004) running Windows XP Professional. It's recently had a total wipe and software reload and the ram upgraded to 2 gig. The wireless network says 'good to excellent' signal strength at 48 Mbps (guess that's megebites per second) but quite frequently I do a reply post and if I'm not careful, without warning, it does what appears to do a refresh and takes it back a step. Most of the time, it goes back to prior my post reply and I lose the reply data - very norseatting :oh yer:
I think it's the lappy rather than individual forums, because it happens on other forums as well
Retro Pedro
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Grandads Tractor
Modifications: A few suspension modifications to assist with ground clearance and fitting of bigger tyres.
Region: South East

Re: Is there a refresh setting that can be altered?

Postby Wilberforce on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:11 am

Pete,
I'd recommend then typing your replies in Notepad or something similar, then doing a copy/paste into the reply box on here. It's a minor pain, but even I do it for longer replies and my machine is considerably newer than yours.
I can't think of a setting offhand that would cause the behaviour you mention, but I'm wondering if there's an issue with your keyboard perhaps - the backspace key will also do the job of taking you back a page on Firefox / IE and if things are old or filled with crumbs there's always a possibility.

Next time it happens, try clicking the right-clicking the mouse somewhere on the page, and selecting "forward" from the menu that pops up, and see what happens. It may work, it may not, but it's about all I can think of.
Jim...

South East Picnic site information

| Jessica - 2002 Isuzu Trooper Insignia LWB | 3.1 ltr hybrid conversion |
Wilberforce
The stick insect
The stick insect

Registration Year: 2002/51
Vehicle Name: Jessica
Region: North West

Re: Is there a refresh setting that can be altered?

Postby Retro Pedro on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:24 am

Cheers Jim - I've started to learn to 'save' in drafts, then do a 'load' which as saved bit of ffing and jeffing but still a pain in judging it correctly.
Occasionally I do get a message 'Web page as expired' which might have a bearing.
Think the internet is OK, altough it's wireless from the lappy to the hub, from the hub it is a hard wire Virgin internet connection.
Retro Pedro
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Grandads Tractor
Modifications: A few suspension modifications to assist with ground clearance and fitting of bigger tyres.
Region: South East

Return to PC & Technology discussion