// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Mobile phone Games , grrr :(

Mobile phone Games , grrr :(

Mobile phone Games , grrr :(

Postby Roo on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:04 pm

Hi All
Has anyone played a game on their mobile phone as they have only taken £4.50 from my credit :shock: , thought I was playing the free game on my new phone as never had this problem with my old phone :roll: Anyway have rang their support customer care number :axe: calling it a ''support customer care'' what a joke :evil: , it just said thank you for calling the customer care support and then a noise like a ball was bouncing on the floor :axe: which is funny really... If I got hold of the person who thought up this idea of just taking Money out of people's account their balls would definitely be bouncing :evil: didn't get to speak to anyone, Just wondering if they are going to just take this £4.50 per month out of my credit every month, Have blocked their number from my phone, not sure what to do :( Should I ring O2 up any get them to block it so they can not take my credit, or do you think this is a one off payment.. The bloody game was crap!
Any help or suggestion would be great Thank you very much :dance:
Cheers
Roo :(
Kind Regards Image

My tyres are larger than my IQ!

Member's Rides.. Gracie May
Comments on Gracie May
Roo
Cruella Deville hellooo doggies

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/P
Vehicle Name: Gracie May
Modifications: ............3"Lift :O)
.........C.B +5ft Aerial..
....Sports Steering Wheel..
.........Snorkel :O)
Region: Mid Wales

Re: Mobile phone Games , grrr :(

Postby BoxCleva on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Ring O2 asap Roo
BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Location: North Wales, not to far from the Wayfarer- Between Wrexham and Oswestry
Vehicle Name: sack o sheet
Modifications: Beemer e46
Region: North West

Postby Drift on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:42 pm

What game and what phone is it? it could be an online game and you have been charged data fee's.
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)
Region: North West

Postby snapper on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:59 pm

If the game came preloaded with the phone and the phone 'expert' in the shop that sold you the phone put the sim card in for you, moved the contacts from the old phone to your new one and handed the phone over out of the box pretty much as a here you go madam, your new phone do enjoy..... with out the merest mention that that particular pre-loaded game would use up data and give you a bill then I would be heading back to the shop and O2 with a massive big stick for a refund plus extra airtime to cover the time you have lost sorting it.

To really make your day, if you rang their so-called help line from the mobile theres a very good chance that will have put another dent into your airtime....... :shock:

Out of all the mobile companies I think O2 are one of the worst for both cost, customer support and general usefullness. Personally I wouldnt even hire/buy a couple of cans and a bit of string off them.
This posting may have been helpfull, on the other hand probably not... Either way, I may have had drink when posting it in which case it's probably not as helpfull as it could have been

Work safe, and remember all technical problems can be resolved with a hammer, the trick is knowing where to hit it and how big a hammer to use (I often find it may also help to have a spare bit in the shed to replace the bit you have just mullered ;) )

Work in Progress (or not as the case may be) I give you.... 'O-no' the truck.

Comments on 'O-no' the truck may be left here

Work in Progress (or not as the case may be) I give you.... 'Truck'

Comments on 'Truck' the truck may be left here

Owning a 2.8 is a hobby in it's self...
snapper
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Truck and O-no
Modifications: -
2.8 TD LWB - Truck:
Side Steps Removed
EGR, Birds Nest & Both Butterfly Valves Removed
Particulate Filter removed and pipe welded in
Safari Snorkel fitted
Trooper Flywheel & Clutch fitted
Trooper LSD Rear Axle fitted
Winch Bumper & Winch fitted
3.1 Engine Fitted
2" Suspension Lift

2.8 TD LWB - O-no:
Standard, for now.

2.5 Volvo 850 Saloon:
Standard

Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (185bhp)
Standard
Region: South East

Postby BadBoy on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:41 pm

I had a similar problem with pre-loaded software.
I rang my provider (Orange) who refunded the charge, and blocked access to it.
It's still on the phone (taking up space :x ), but won't charge me £4.50 per month as it can no longer connect to the net.

Ring your provider, and find out what the charge was for. Get it blocked, and if possible delete every game that came pre-loaded on your phone as most of them will cost you money at some point.
Traffic lights in London are just rough guidelines
BadBoy
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Modifications: Looks a bit like a Kia Sorento 2.5CRDi Titian remapped for 265bhp!
Region: South East

Postby Roo on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:47 pm

Hi All
Thanks very much for your replies :D
Sorry I had posted this in the wrong place ..
Ste its only a Samsung C3050 it was cheap and cheerful £24.99 as I wanted to keep my old number, I d aren't go into the game section now just in case they charge me again, but as Far as I know I can't connect to the internet, I just wanted a phone to text and Receive Phone calls.
I did have to take my old phone into the shop and they took the details from my old sim to put into the new phone for me..

I did ring up 02 and told them, and they just told me to send a 'STOP' text to the 82018, that sent me a message telling me that they ahve taken the £4.50 out of my account, thankfully I pay as you go and that should be the end of it, no mention of refund , you were lucky bad boy :wink: Not sure how to delete the games on there, think When I am in Aber next will take it into the shop and get them to delete the games as I wont be playing them any more :lol:

So providing that the 'STOP' text has worked and that they will not be taking any more of my Credit, Then I will keep my old number but if say next month they take another £4.50 then I will have to change my number...

But seriously I think it is wrong that they can just do this, specially like to teenagers who have phones, or women who do not know what they are doing :wink: :oops: they are just ''Conning'' people, seeing as their agreement is you have to be over 16 to be charged, well how do they know what age the person is .. Its bloody wrong :axe:

Anyway enough ranting .......Thanks to all that offered me help and support here :dance:
Ta very much
Cheers
Roo :D
P.s Thanks to who ever moved this to the right place , sorry :oops:
Kind Regards Image

My tyres are larger than my IQ!

Member's Rides.. Gracie May
Comments on Gracie May
Roo

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/P
Vehicle Name: Gracie May
Modifications: ............3"Lift :O)
.........C.B +5ft Aerial..
....Sports Steering Wheel..
.........Snorkel :O)
Region: Mid Wales

Postby PaulHooligan on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:43 pm

I like O2 I have never had any problems with them so much so I have landline Broadband and 2 mobiles on there. Im sorry but you cant beat unlimited interwweb downloads on dodgy old copper wire for 9.50 a month :D
PaulHooligan
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.2 DTi 16v RS Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1999/T
Vehicle Name: Brian The B Series
Modifications: 2" lift, Rebel Power pipes stainless snorkel, 3 Spoke "A" series alloys with Matador mp71 Izzarda tyres
Region: East Anglia

Return to PC & Technology discussion