// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - TomTom HD Traffic Facebook campaign

TomTom HD Traffic Facebook campaign

TomTom HD Traffic Facebook campaign

Postby andyvee on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Firstly, my first post on here for about a year after I sold the Frontie :oops:

If any of you own a TomTom with LIVE Services and HD Traffic then please spare a moment to visit this thread on Pocket GPS World
http://www.pocketgps...ewtopic&t=87608
and also join the Facebook group here
http://www.facebook....186622728063452

Basically, TomTom have sometime in the last few months made a significant change to the HD Traffic Service which now renders it useless to long distance drivers. The device downloads traffic incidents in approximately a 100-150 mile radius of your current position, then discards all of them apart from ones within 50 miles!!!

So what, you say - 50 miles is far enough surely? Not so!
If you are just coming off of the M6 Toll heading South towards London, your device is not aware of traffic holdups approaching the M25 south of Luton (basically where all the traffic snarl ups are), and you are at a point where you could either head down the M6 and M1 or choose to go down the M42 and M40. On most days, there isn't much difference as long as youa re heading for north or north west London. But, you will get routed down the M1 even if there is a 1 hour delay at the M25 interchange as your device is not aware of this delay for about another 20 or 30 miles as it has discarded the info. So, you are paying for a premium traffic service and it takes you straight in to a huge traffic snarl up!

Prior to the change you would have seen this jam and the device would have offered to reroute you down the M40.

To make it worse, at the time TomTom made this change they announced that they had improved the service, it was more up to date and accurate than before!
In fact, a RDS-TMC receiver with no annual subscription will give you better traffic info!

So, if you have a TomTom with HD Traffic can you please join the Facebook group and support us in protesting to TomTom. They are aware of the facebook group but have not responded adequately yet and we ant to build the number of members over the weekend.

Spread the word on as many forums and facebook pages, twitter etc. as you can please, even if you don't have a TomTom.

All we want is TomTom to acknowledge the issue and fix it - nothing malicious or sinister going on.

Thanks for your support
Ex Frontera Owner
... but I know have a Skoda Octavia Estate 2.0TDI with 300lbft of torque mmmmmmmmm
andyvee
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Modifications: Ex Frontera Owner
Region: North West

Re: TomTom HD Traffic Facebook campaign

Postby andyvee on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:21 am

160 members in the first day - invite all of your friends to join - doesn't matter if you have a TomTom or not - please join to boost the numbers!
Ex Frontera Owner
... but I know have a Skoda Octavia Estate 2.0TDI with 300lbft of torque mmmmmmmmm
andyvee
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Modifications: Ex Frontera Owner
Region: North West

Re: TomTom HD Traffic Facebook campaign

Postby N1ova on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:28 pm

Just joined :D
N1ova
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr