// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - pc wont start

pc wont start

Re: pc wont start

Postby Drift on Mon May 30, 2011 2:05 pm

Well, they took the pc, then got it back 10 days later, and its not working at all, the fans kick in and thats all, no beeps and just the start light no activity light flickering, so now they offered me a £30 voucher and they are picking it up again Wednesday, the delivery note said the unit was repaired and no parts needed, I dont think it was even looked at, they couldnt tell me what was done on the phone, he flapped a bit when I asked.
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)
Region: North West

Postby adyclemo on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:03 pm

The computer would have gone to Mercom in Dorset. They are abbsolutley useless we keep taking the contract from them then giving it them back. Mercom go down to individual component level and nearly every report comes back the same, Unit repaired, no parts required. 10 days is our current average. If your lucky it might temporary work when it comes back ,assuming its not damaged which is another one of Mercom's favorites. Most machines that come back from Mercom useually go back within 2-4 week.

On the bright side come september we will be repairing desktop pc's and all apple products at our state of the art repair centre in newark which is the largest in europe where we currently repair all laptops, tv's, washers, dryers, dishwashers etc. We loose all 3 of our store technicians in the next month as they have been succesfull in getting a job there. We even do repairs for other companys and deliver for alot of our competitors.

Good luck Ste.
Regards Ady

Pics of the motor can be found here

Comment on the motor here
adyclemo
frontera God
frontera God

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Modifications: Relocated diff breathers to engine bay.
Cycle carrier made for spare wheel carrier.
Steel wheels changed for alloys.
Full lenght roof rack.
Front tow bar.
CB.
Manual locking hubs.
Front and rear wrap round bull bars.
Suspension lift.
32" BFG's
Snorkle.
Egr delete
Region: Midlands

Postby BoxCleva on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:59 pm

Their support company is arse. I told you it was arse weeks ago buddy. I have two clients who are still paying for 5 years support plans who pay me to sort their PC's as sending their pooters to those goons is a complete waste of time.

Put it in a box and post me the bugga :|
BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Location: North Wales, not to far from the Wayfarer- Between Wrexham and Oswestry
Vehicle Name: sack o sheet
Modifications: Beemer e46
Region: North West

Previous

Return to PC & Technology discussion