// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - AVG

AVG

Re: AVG

Postby Roo on Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:37 am

Drift wrote:Its just to download the correct programs, should be able to get them at a wifi hotspot :wink:

will take your word for it Ste :D am not going to ask what a wifi hotspot is lol , you'll be pleased to hear :wink:

Just a bigthank you :D :D

Cheers
Roo :D
Kind Regards Image

My tyres are larger than my IQ!

Member's Rides.. Gracie May
Comments on Gracie May
Roo
Cruella Deville hellooo doggies

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/P
Vehicle Name: Gracie May
Modifications: ............3"Lift :O)
.........C.B +5ft Aerial..
....Sports Steering Wheel..
.........Snorkel :O)
Region: Mid Wales

Postby Roo on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:13 pm

BoxCleva wrote:
Roo wrote:Hi
and when I did download this it said that I had 700 errors, it could get rid of 100 but I would have to pay to remove the others??

Roo, sorry I didn't read your original post properly.

Are you 1000% sure that it was AVG that told you that you had 700 errors and it could only fix 100 ? The reason I ask is that A:) As far as I am aware AVG doesn't operate on that basis, and B:) The error message you describe is very reminiscent of a rogue anti virus program that is doing the rounds at the moment.

Please confirm (don't assume) which program is telling you have all these errors etc

Huggy's instructions to get the system info are correct, however another way to get the same info is to Click Start , then Click Control Panel, then double click on the System icon.

Sorry Simon :oops: just seen this .. ermm I just followed the instructions the original post I posted and AVG seemed to get lost half way through the clicking if you see what I mean, sorry not very good at explaining myself, but you know the original post that started this off, well if you follow that, then it will take you to the thing that told me I had 700 errors ... If that makes sense, Sorry :oops:

Found it :D its a 64 bit operation system so I will need to click Windows Vista/Windows 7 64‐bitup ..Please?

Cheers
Roo :D
Kind Regards Image

Comments on Gracie May
Roo

Postby BoxCleva on Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:36 pm

its a 64 bit operation system so I will need to click Windows Vista/Windows 7 64‐bitup ..Please?

yup :D
BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Location: North Wales, not to far from the Wayfarer- Between Wrexham and Oswestry
Vehicle Name: sack o sheet
Modifications: Beemer e46
Region: North West

Postby Roo on Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:30 am

BoxCleva wrote:
its a 64 bit operation system so I will need to click Windows Vista/Windows 7 64‐bitup ..Please?

yup :D

Thank you :D
Kind Regards Image

Comments on Gracie May
Roo

Postby Frenchfarmer on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:53 pm

I just did both of those "Start right click etc." things and got loads of details but not the 32bit or 64bit bit.
I use Mcafee Zonealarm which has protected me from viruses so far...but....it does take a whike to figure it out. Like most geek driven things there are waaaay too many options and ways of doing the same things.
BTW Cheers Drift for the Clean Up Utilities 2010 link what a difference on all 3 PCs even this one which is huge and fast.
If you need something done quickly just ask a busy woman then get the f"k out of her way.
Frenchfarmer
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: His (Her's is a Tranny.)
Modifications: Sept 27 2010 6pm. DMF bolted.
It works!!!!
Region: International

Postby CarterLangley on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:18 pm

I use AVG Free version. No problems with it. Will have a look at AVAST and see what it is like. But I also use Spybot Search and Destroy. I find that it works really well. It immunises important system files against attack and has an active scannner. Not heavy on resources and you don't really notice it - until it catches something that tries to make changes to your registry and warns you! Updates are manual but as long as you remember to check for them once a week, no problem. As soon as the update has been applied, re-immunise your system! It has some advanced features as well for all you techy types out there! Free and always will be, dedicated to his wife/girlfriend/mattress. Also run windows defender.
Frontera 2.8tdi Sport
1995 Model
CarterLangley
mud splasher
mud splasher

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Region: Scotland

Previous

Return to PC & Technology discussion