// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - ATI RADEON HD3650 problems

ATI RADEON HD3650 problems

ATI RADEON HD3650 problems

Postby BUMPTJ on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:47 am

Morning, Well all of a sudden it seems that my graphics card's memory has disappeared. When I open up a game I normally play it comes back with a message saying that the card has got 0mb of memory but it should and always did have 256mb. Does this mean the card is fubar? or should I do a reinstall?

cheers
Patience is a Virtue engineered by a Frontera...
BUMPTJ
The Parts Man

Modifications: On the lookout for No2
Region: North West

Birthday

Re: ATI RADEON HD3650 problems

Postby BoxCleva on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:51 am

BUMPTJ wrote:Morning, Well all of a sudden it seems that my graphics card's memory has disappeared. When I open up a game I normally play it comes back with a message saying that the card has got 0mb of memory but it should and always did have 256mb. Does this mean the card is fubar? or should I do a reinstall?

cheers

As with any PC problem, always start with the fixes that cost nothing.

Check BIOS settings and uninstall the software properly and reinstall latest drivers. I would also be tempted to re-seat the card.
BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Location: North Wales, not to far from the Wayfarer- Between Wrexham and Oswestry
Vehicle Name: sack o sheet
Modifications: Beemer e46

Postby BUMPTJ on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:17 pm

What do I need to check on the BIOS settings? Sorry I'm alright with PC's but once it starts getting into the bios etc, i don't know what I'm really looking for.

Cheers
BUMPTJ
The Parts Man

Birthday

Postby BoxCleva on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:07 pm

Check all the graphics options in the BIOS. I.e. make sure that the card is selected as opposed to onboard graphics and, if it has the option, make sure that the memory allocation is correct.
BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Location: North Wales, not to far from the Wayfarer- Between Wrexham and Oswestry

Postby Frenchfarmer on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:10 pm

I think your going to have to slow it down and break it into bite size pieces for all of us who are terrified of BIOS and that other thing with the black screen and white writing, I remember now, it's DOS.
When I first got into professional sound systems it all made perfect sense. Cables 2 pin unbalanced 3 pin balanced & the theory of soundwaves and I could see it all. I can remember all the wiring. I was really good at all of it me and the shepherdess ( FOH ) had a great sound, really clean and gutsy It was money to have fun and party doing something we really enjoyed.
Then we tried to understand the new Digital stuff and CLUNK compressed rubbish.
Sell retire do something else before what we got is out of date.
Now we're Frenchfarmers trying to understand computers, or rather the myriad of things it takes to use them and keep them running.
TOO MANY OPTIONS TOO MANY CHOICES!
Then again, like digital sound was then, computers are now only in their infancy, able to walk and talk, but still in need of large amounts of human input.
If you need something done quickly just ask a busy woman then get the f"k out of her way.
Frenchfarmer
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: His (Her's is a Tranny.)
Modifications: Sept 27 2010 6pm. DMF bolted.
It works!!!!
Region: International

Postby BoxCleva on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:25 pm

Getting into the BIOS is fairly straightforward, pressing F12/F2 or F1 will more than likely get you in. Most of the time the initial POST screen will tell you what key you need to press. I.e. Press F2 to enter setup etc etc.

Where the graphics option is within the BIOS I can't tell you. It depends which BIOS and version it is. Different manufacturers put them in different places. Just make sure that the correct options are selected when you do find it, for example if it's a PCI-E card make sure that's what listed and enabled.

Typically when finished you hit the F10 key to save and exit, but then again some give you a selectable save and exit or discard and exit option. It's a little difficult without more info from the OP.
BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby Frenchfarmer on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:55 pm

BoxCleva wrote:Getting into the BIOS is fairly straightforward, pressing F12/F2 or F1 will more than likely get you in. Most of the time the initial POST screen will tell you what key you need to press. I.e. Press F2 to enter setup etc etc.

Where the graphics option is within the BIOS I can't tell you. It depends which BIOS and version it is. Different manufacturers put them in different places. Just make sure that the correct options are selected when you do find it, for example if it's a PCI-E card make sure that's what listed and enabled.

Typically when finished you hit the F10 key to save and exit, but then again some give you a selectable save and exit or discard and exit option. It's a little difficult without more info from the OP.

So is it a good idea for Bumpt to download Belarc Advisor and print it out so he knows what he's got and all his license keys?
Its helped me when I've had problems.
If you need something done quickly just ask a busy woman then get the f"k out of her way.
Frenchfarmer
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: His (Her's is a Tranny.)
Modifications: Sept 27 2010 6pm. DMF bolted.
It works!!!!
Region: International

Postby BoxCleva on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:19 pm

Frenchfarmer wrote:
BoxCleva wrote:Getting into the BIOS is fairly straightforward, pressing F12/F2 or F1 will more than likely get you in. Most of the time the initial POST screen will tell you what key you need to press. I.e. Press F2 to enter setup etc etc.

So is it a good idea for Bumpt to download Belarc Advisor and print it out so he knows what he's got and all his license keys?
Its helped me when I've had problems.

Belarc has no relevance on this one FF. We aren't reinstalling Windows or anything like that, we are just checking that the BIOS is set up correctly. Entering the BIOS will give him all the info he needs.

It may well be that his GPU is screwed anyway, but checking these free fixes first would be sensible :)
BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby BoxCleva on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:42 pm

P.s. could the OP also confirm what operating system you have as well please.
BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby Norse on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:57 pm

Uninstall the graphics drivers from control panel (remove any ATI thing) ,restart PC then download the most recent drivers from the ATI website and install them, then restart

Should fix it, it obviously has memory else windows wouldnt be loading so its a driver issue, if that doesnt fix it, install direct X again
Fronty has been named "Ugly Thing" by GF!

IT support/Advice just ask me

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=46803 New ride, that the GF Hates!
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=36187 old ride (traded with alchamist)
Norse
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1994/L
Vehicle Name: Big Ugly Red Thing (BURT)
Modifications: Jays old Devil/Ugly Red Thing
+2" Sus Lift
+2" Body Lift
DIY Snorkle
4x55 Watt Light bar (also has amber flashers)
Shedload of stickers
31" Kingpin Technic Muds on pepperpots

To do
Boot Organiser construction
Remove spare wheel holder
Perhaps a CB
Paint Bash Plates, Towbar, bumpers and misc other bits
Clean it/make it red not slightly pink in pics!
Region: Southern England

Postby BUMPTJ on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:29 am

cheers guys, I will have a go at it tonight. I was guessing it as being a hardware problem because prior to this message a couple of times I would be on this game and the screen would go blank and the the screen showed a message saying no input signal, but once I rebooted and was using the pc as normal there aren't any problems.
BUMPTJ
The Parts Man

Birthday

Postby Norse on Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:21 am

BUMPTJ wrote:cheers guys, I will have a go at it tonight. I was guessing it as being a hardware problem because prior to this message a couple of times I would be on this game and the screen would go blank and the the screen showed a message saying no input signal, but once I rebooted and was using the pc as normal there aren't any problems.

if its doing that when gaming its most likely hardware failing, but you can pickup another HD3650 for about £40
Fronty has been named "Ugly Thing" by GF!

IT support/Advice just ask me

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=46803 New ride, that the GF Hates!
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=36187 old ride (traded with alchamist)
Norse
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1994/L
Vehicle Name: Big Ugly Red Thing (BURT)
Modifications: Jays old Devil/Ugly Red Thing
+2" Sus Lift
+2" Body Lift
DIY Snorkle
4x55 Watt Light bar (also has amber flashers)
Shedload of stickers
31" Kingpin Technic Muds on pepperpots

To do
Boot Organiser construction
Remove spare wheel holder
Perhaps a CB
Paint Bash Plates, Towbar, bumpers and misc other bits
Clean it/make it red not slightly pink in pics!
Region: Southern England

Postby huggy on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:48 am

would have to agree,sounds like its failing to me too,if your getting no signal its nothing to do with drivers or software,i have a bfg 7600gt oc hanging around somewhere,its yours for £20 if you want it,i live not far from you so if you bring your pc here i will fit it and test the rest of your hardware with my diagnostics :wink: ive also got a 8600gt in my spare pc but to be honest it doesnt run much faster than the 7600gt oc because the 7600 is factory overclocked,plus the cooler on the 7600 gt oc is better than the one on the 8600gt, dunno what brand the 8600gt is but the 7600 is a bfg which i bought new,specs can be found here http://www.bfgtech.com/bfgr76256gtoce.aspx
huggy
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.5 TDS 5dr
Registration Year: 1998/R
Modifications: 2 Inch Suspension Lift
CB Radio

Postby BUMPTJ on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:19 am

Cheers Huggy, Thanks for the offer but, I bought a card yesterday from a local pc shop only cost £35 for a geforce 6200 512mb and everthing is running fine now. Thanks for all the advice evryone
BUMPTJ
The Parts Man

Birthday

Postby huggy on Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:32 pm

np so long as your up and running again :wink: what games are playing? i ask because the 6200 doesnt come close to the hd3650 for gaming,it wont run the likes of cod4 for example.
huggy
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

CB Radio

Postby Drift on Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:35 pm

Just a bit cheeky but is my NVIDAE GeForce GT320 1024MB any good? I dont play games but think the lad is looking too, (when Im not in of course :lol: )
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)

Postby huggy on Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:35 pm

sorry but the gt320 is a weak card,it will run a few games ok but if your(your lad then ok i believe you) planning on playing the latest games say like cod modern warfare 2 then your going to struggle to run it in high res,but it will run it ok in low res,it has more power than my old 8600gt and i ran codmw2 with that in low res ok,so the answer is yes it will be good enough to get you addicted to gaming then you will buy a super fast card :D

check this link http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video ... rce+GT+320
huggy
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

CB Radio

Postby Drift on Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:52 pm

Suits me, I will tell him its crap :dance: :lol:
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)

Return to PC & Technology discussion